1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 help

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Tommy B, Feb 6, 2014.

1. And this is the rear wheel if anyone can make it out??

image.jpg

2. Normal alu 5 spokes. Not mag. Magnesiums dont have the rebate on the spokes. Still nice mind.

3. All good

4. is that a mag swinger or paint?

5. looks mag to me

6. I have a 998 that I bought from new and as far as I am aware 998's do not have a VIN number on the frame in the place that you have it. All frames should have been silver to match the wheels. I am not sure where the VIN number has come from I think they are on the subframe on this model. It might have been moved.

The rear wheel looks like the stock Marchesini to me, it would have been silver originally to match the frame colour.

7. ^^^ That's a bit of a bitza!, no doubt down to the modifications apparently done to it. The Ohlins forks came with the 998S model and not the base 998. The front discs are normally the snowflake items and not the earlier cast iron floating discs that this one is pictured with.

It does appear to have the longer magnesium swinging arm on it, not sure why if it is being used just for the road.

If I was buying it I would want to have a close look at it first.

#28 Red998, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  8. Whats he banged up for anyway and what was the wife like?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Its was owned by the sales rep for Duc Manchester (or something like that) husband...manchester (who have maintained it) sold it through DMC as a favor for her/her husband. Seems to be pretty solid and and faultless so far.

10. The swingarm looks stock but painted gold. The hub clamp bolts are usually in a different position to the road arms. The wheels are stock 5 spoke Marchi's, not mags.

11. Agreed, the Mag wheels had flat spokes from memory (without the ridge down each spoke). Looks like a nice bike though :)

12. It certainly is for what i paid for it!

13. Correct me if I'm wrong...but this indeed has a "deep sump" yes?

14. Photo -

image.jpg

15. Yep thats a deep sump

Any chance of a ballpark figure of what you paid?

16. Yup - deep udder..:upyeah:

17. Let's just say it was a less than a tatty first of the line 748!! What do you think it could be worth?

18. Awesome, I had my suspicions!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information