1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999 To 1098

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Jun 28, 2014.

1. the r models are the exclusive ones or super leggera the others provide the money to be able to offer such models , designed in japan with ohlins lightweight wheels and single swinger …..dont think so

2. I meant the shape of the bike, anyone can add expensive goodies afterwards. .....:D

3. boating holiday in egypt …………in denial

4. 916 was a Wow Sexy
    999 was a OMG Brave new dawn
    1098 was a Mmmm one step forward two steps back - a mix between a 916 and an R1

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. And what may I ask is Einstein's opinion on the Panni?:Finger:

6. I don't have an opinion on the Panni, sorry.

7. they are lovely with melted mature cheddar and quality ham

8. But it's actually spelled as so: Panini

9. Why has your R6 in your Avatar got a Ducati sticker on it Mr disagreeable?

10. A cousin of mine who had a 996 at the time commented that Ducati have lost the plot now when the 999 came out, and I thought he was being a tad previous in his judgement. Well, he was right, the plummet in sales nearly finished the company until the advent of the 1098 and others that actually saved the company. But of course you know this.

I think the 1098 series is uber sexy and does not look like a Jap bike at all. Definitely does NOT feel like a Jap bike to ride.

And that my good man is why I have two, an 848 and a 1098, and they are very different bikes in their own right.

My R6 in my Avatar? Well, every bike I own and ride has to have a Ducati STICKER on it or other wise I have terrible detachment syndrome, a rare medical condition of obsessive Ducati owners.

Oh, and one more thing, the truth will not surprise me because I know the truth, its others that have the complex of not facing the truth.

You do not know me AT ALL. You have no idea sunshine. Please don't rear up at me again.:Kiss::Kiss::Kiss:

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  11. I'm afraid you are wrong...
    [​IMG]

How the Ducati Superbike 999 Wasn’t a Sales Flop & Other Ducati Superbike Sales Statistics

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Exactly - and look at the sales when all the thousands of R6 fans saw the new 1098 appear - obvious choice for there next upgrade :p
    Did the truth surprise you then?
    I do not know you at all? I know this much - your very very tetchy :Jawdrop:

In all honesty I thought the 999 was fugly when it came out (at least until I saw it in the flesh) - fact is it was too far ahead of it's time and could well have been a replacement for the 1098. Time actually showed that me and your cousin were wrong! The sales Manager at Ducati Manchester told me he has many 1098 and 1198 customers going to 999's and concurs with the general opinion that the 999 was born too early - his opinion is based on facts from dealing with Ducati customers old and new every day of the week. Also remember the racing heritage of the 999!!!

The truth is I like the 1098 and the R6 jibe was meant to be a little light hearted fun - I will be looking buying a 1098R when funds and market forces allow to go with my 998 and 2 999R's. I do have an R6 so I guess I could just put a Ducati sticker on it like you did and save a lot of Wonga so thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  13. 999's are personal preference (just like Benelli tornado's and I LOVE them!).... But anyone who says that a 1098 looks like a 'jap bike' needs to be publicly flogged... It's closer to the 916 than any model since and if u ACTUALLY sit and look round it is dripping with styling touches faithful to the original.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Exactly - that was exactly the intention of Ducati - to look more like the 916 with a hint of R6 for added popularity :Bag: :Sorry: I saw an R6 in the factory's tear down area at the time :Nailbiting:

15. [QUOTE . But anyone who says that a 1098 looks like a 'jap bike' needs to be publicly flogged... .[/QUOTE]

I always saw myself as a whipping boy...still think the 999 has the edge tho....:upyeah:

16. I always saw myself as a whipping boy...still think the 999 has the edge tho....:upyeah:[/QUOTE]

1 flogging for this man!.... ;-)

17. I think the T9's were released at a time when global sales of bikes had slumped , so to hold its own on sales was actually a success.
    I think i read that some where .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information