1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999r or 1199

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by SimonT, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Mine feels great to me ..but then i am no way a racing god.:biggrin:

2. It's the difference in mid range feel between the Pani and the 1098/1198 series that's the issue & very few of us are 'racing gods'

3. I dont think its an issue as once you learn how to ride it the rest of it is much better than the earlier series

4. I agree, the package looks nicer, not sure if it rides better, but as you say, you are happy with it and it's a different type of ride to previous models. I think a lot of people liked the fast in faster out type of riding with the torque making it less frenetic?

5. I have deceded to take the plunge and change my 999R for a Pani.

So there is going to be a heavily modified (+ 10k) 04 999R with 3k miles for sale.

As for the above comments, the gearbox ratios are not closely enough stacked with the current engine mid range. Spoke to a French racer who was still much quicker with his 1198. But as said a mere mortal like me will not be too handicapped.

6. i think waht Mary said is what i hear most.. a souped 1198R is frightning low down and needs a lot of TCS to get ridable. Luckily it has it's 30° rake to keep it nimble.. apparantly the pani decreases this oomphh low down to make it more ridable.. just to kick you in the teeth at higher revs once your upright.. fast riders that have been riding Ducs for a long time are indeed still adapting to this new engine.. and not all will like lit...

7. Call me a girl for changing my mind but the 999 is staying and the obsession will now begin.

I'm just going to have to ride her a bit harder to keep up with the more modern tackle on track.

A gucci pair of rear sets.

A full is sytem is going on and it will be sent to CJS to do his magic.

More to follow.......

• Like Like x 2
  8. Track time and tuition will make you keep up with faster bikes more than a bit of bling imho

• Like Like x 2
  9. +1. Always nice to have some trick bits on the bike thou :smile:

10. Plenty of track time to follow :biggrin:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information