1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Blue Ducati!!

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by DeadWeight, Mar 7, 2013.

1. I will see your Blue Ducati

Ducati Blue.jpg

And raise you a Green one with loads of Ally.

Ducati Green.jpg

Both look pretty good IMO

Mark

Ducati Blue.jpg

Ducati Green.jpg

2. Is the green one Rossi's bike? :wink:

3. Both built by the same bloke (see previous posts). His wife rode the blue one. The Green one is a Bimota Mantra framed creation if I remember correctly. Fortunately he ditched the wood veneer dashboard.

4. And renamed it 'Ultralight' ;-)

5. Just love the blue Paso. :upyeah:

6. Blame all the plebs that buy red Ducatis. If they didn't, we would have different colours. Ducati must have bought a tanker full of red paint on the cheap, years ago. Good business move though ?

7. Yes, I have to say that I think that Ducati generally do fairly uninspiring paint schemes. Like one block colour and write the name in tiny letters so that it looks even more blocky. I know it's meant to look classy, but no surprise that the Pikes Peak, Tricolore or Corse versions all look nicer (and are all more expensive). So then you think, if they put the nicer paint on the more expensive models, it must be because they know it's nicer. So then they are saying, for the price you pay, you don't merit a great paint scheme.

How does that work? Ducatis aren't exactly cheap.

Red, yellow, black and white have been somewhat done to death. But now they've sort of designed the brand up a blind alley.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've long suspected that Ducati just steal all their paint from Fiat/Ferrari .... that'll be a choice of Red, Yellow and Black, then.

My favorite Ducati colour is Fiat Rosso Corsa.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Is he taking it to Horsham this year?

11. Don't know, when I next see him I will ask.

12. Blue Ducati's don't mind if I do :)

[​IMG]

DSC00551_zps4f330aef.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Oi ! There's nothing wrong with blue Ducatis... I actually OWN a blue ST4... One of the reasons for buying it in the first place ( all those many years ago ) was that it wasn't red or yellow... "Live and let live" and all that... :)

14. Hope he isnt on here because, this is feckin vile.
    [​IMG]

15. In some cases I think the quote from the film "The Rookie" is I feel appropriate.

"Wanna know what's a crime? Whoever defaced that work of art by painting it that color... ought to have his ass removed."

Mark

16. Agreed, I was walking around chepstow, my patch, during 'hoggin the bridge' a charity harley event when I saw it, got my camera out, my gosh, its no prettier close up either.

17. Oh no! I'm not saying in this case or not, that the quote is appropriate, I'm saying in certain cases! Allegedly! :smile:

The owner may be bigger than me.:eek:

Mark.

18. well, youll see him coming, hell have a blue finger from the rattly can he painted his bike with.

19. There's a black and red 900ss on the bay. I sort of think I should hate it but I'm scared i don't. When i say black and red i mean black body, red frame\wheels.

20. Show us a link or picture. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information