1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Acf50 Spraying

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Martyn Edwards, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Yep, electric paint sprayer for me too. Apparently XCP is very good (ISTR Ride and Bike magazines rated it as performing better than ACF50), but not so easy to clean off come spring.

2. I like XCP, only it leaves a tacky to the touch finish I found, interested to hear your results. I do have a spray can of the XCP rust blocker, but only for really stubborn screws, the only 2 I've used it on for the 1260 is the 2 bolts under the seat behind the tank. Water loves to climb ontop of those bolts and sit for months.

3. An update, I'm still waiting for my Skylift to arrive (mid-late March now, 2 months of waiting so far...). Once it comes, I'll do the video. At least I have an afternoon free tomorrow now :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Another update - Lift arriving on Monday, got a big week of work so it's looking like next weekend I'll finally be able to record this thing.

I'm going to try and be as instructive and useful given the subject and the amount of shit on it floating on the Internet. Will ping here once I've finished editing and uploaded.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Update, the bike is still in bits on the lift due to multiple delays. I still intend on doing the video (I even wrote out all the script and editing plans :D), I'm hoping to get this done soon as the bike is due it's Desmo finally at the end of June so I'm now under a time restraint :(

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information