1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Advice On Mulistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Philm, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Way overpriced, by £1500 to £2000 imho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thanks again guys, after a wee bit of research on pricing I agree so have decided to walk away! Again thank you for all you’re good advice it’s greatly appreciated :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Good call, nothing wrong with the bike or the mileage but not at that price. I bought my 2013 1200s with 4K miles on it from a dealer for £6600 and that was over 4 years ago

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Certainly there is some adjustment although I've never felt the need to make any. Andy

5. Thanks Ackers, I wasn’t even in the market for a multistrada or any bike but you know what it’s like when someone says “bike for sale” I have to investigate!!!whilst doing a bit of research as suggested by you guys I came across a 2011 1200 pikes peak with all the luggage, top box etc! It does have 26000 miles on it and they want £5995 for it! It’s only in Malvern so about 45 minutes from me,place called Motorbikes4 all, no idea about history etc but I may pop and have a look and find out history etc, for some reason since I was looking I really fancy one now:neutral:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Brace yourself for how many bikes Motorbikes4all have in stock when you walk in they have a lot!

7. oh really? Obviously you’ve been,how did you find them Zeus?

8. I’ve never bought a bike from them but I’ve had them reset a service light for me and they did a recall on my Gsxr. I’ve never heard bad things about them but when you go you will see they have a lot of rough bikes mixed in with the nice ones so go over the bike thoroughly.

9. Thanks bud, I certainly will, I may fly over this afternoon or tomorrow :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. When I was living in Ledbury I went there with a mate once who was interested in a Triumph Sprint GT. I was in a real state, very neglected, which had been somewhat masked in the ad and not significantly reflected in the price. We obviously walked away from that one, he didn't want it at any price. They did have a lot of bikes and some of them looked pretty decent.

One of those places that buys up bikes at auctions, or directly from dealers higher up the food chain, that have been taken in part exchange but don't want in their showrooms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks Bumkin,good info! Took my race bike over to Ledbury a few times to use dyno(Lee motorcycles) Haven’t been to Ledbury for years, lovely place:upyeah:

12. https://www.motorbikes4all.com/sing...Model=Multistrada 1200&StockNo=11022&Id=11022

This one? If so, bargain in my opinion, sure you'll always find cheaper or more bike for the same money. But in my opinion, for what you get in that price (knock the price down to 5250-5500) is hard to beat.

Just seeing pictures of that cockpit brings back memories, great bike! If you get it, don't forget to also set the preload on the forks. Ducati in their infinite wisdom ship bikes with the preload on the forks wound entirely out (or in... I always forget which way).

Good luck!

13. That’s the one Freshage, thanks for the advice , will let you know how I get on:upyeah:as I said I know nothing about these bikes but I’ve been told service history is imperative!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Unfortunately Lee died from burns following a tragic accident involving a reluctant post Christmas bonfire and a can of petrol. His brother now runs the business. I had varying experiences with them over the years, mostly good for a small bike shop, but moved to Cheltenham three years ago.

Ledbury is a nice place I'd agree, though my daughters call it Deadbury for a reason. Small town, not much going on there.

Quite often ride into Wales via your neck of the woods.

15. I really like those early Pikes Peak bikes, I did over 35,000 miles on mine. It was one of the early ones and I did have the porous cylinder head issue which was fixed under warranty.

As you said a good service history is important (preferably from a Ducati dealer).

16. Oh well, obviously not meant to be, popped over to look at bike today and discovered it sold Thursday! Interesting place though, like bumkin says some nice kit there and some crap! Thanks again guys!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Oh well, good luck with your onward search. It's Bumpkin BTW :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Bumkin is an improvement though :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I blame auto spell check :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Haha! Sorry Bumpkin :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information