Almeria May 2023

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, May 9, 2023.

1. same here! I look at some of the early pictures and I cringe! My first ever track day many years ago was at Mallory, first session,first lap, big highside:confused: what a twat!:joy: Not the track god I’d imagined!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Brunch :D Andy
    20230512_110807.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yuck…. I’d maybe salvage those slices of lemon for a G&T. You can ram the rest… : unamused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Philistine :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Just to explain the contents of the picture, we had from l to r, octopus, lobster, white prawns, red prawns and longustine all simlly prepared a la planche. There was a fiery garlic sauce for the octopus, a sort of Marie dip for the prawns and a garlic mayo :yum Andy

6. Not entirely. Don’t mind a bit of tapas. And steak of course :D

Anyway, Bob appetite. If that’s your thang….

7. Yup - took me ages to release the bib of comfort...o_O

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Theres a nice steak house just up road from hotel in Mojicar

9. I can report that the Michelin Pilot Cup 2's were awesome. Miles better than the supercorsas last year. Ive properly learnt the track now and had no reoccurence of the fear of crashing I had last time. No trubbs at all, except getting greedy of T4 and visiting kitty litter (upright). I put in a respectable 2.03 for a middle aged knob on road tyres. Slix next year hoping for sub 2's as I know the track and know where the time is. I need QA throttle for back straight, twist and a half was ruining my entry onto back straight, but i kept up with mate on latest gen sthou msport till we both clicked 6th....then he just went away from me. (got him on brakes though....RCS is immense)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Awesome :upyeah: Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I love turn 4. Honestly, you can lob it in there as hard as you can- no brakes, just trust your front tyre and wait for the line to come back to you. Maybe best to wait until you’re on a warm slick though. Front grip is arse twitchingly key here…. :):upyeah:

According to Jez McWilliams I’m very strong into turn 4. He politely declined to comment on all the other turns…. :D

#51 Fairy Cringe, Jun 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I'd done T3 perfectly and got carried away with myself and lost concentration. My fault entirely. But Yes T4 I am slowly edging forward on that to turn T4, 5 & 6 into T6 only. Slowly slowly catchie monkey. Getting it wrong there will be messy.

I also clipped the white line into the left before the run to chicane on day 1 sess1. It was damp and I nearly highsided. But fortunately I got away with it.

13. 4, 5 and 6 took me ages to suss out. Even now I’d keep messing up 6… doh!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Its a tricky one as you have to maintain momentum as well as the right line. That takes practice. Ive got the line, but the momentum part I am approaching bit by bit. It isnt helped by being totally blind until 6. Watching a 15yr old lad on a proper moto3 bike (hes in red bull rookie i think and was testing) go through there was humbling. Good luck to the lad he was awesome. I think he was 3rd fastest. On a fucking 250.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information