1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aluminium tank and seat arrived...

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by Matt1290, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Are the holes in the seat zone for an ejection device? ..hello james bond..

2. A few guys in the USA lined their tanks with mixed results. Seems to depend a lot on the material (Caswell seemed to give good results IIRC) and the time taken or level of prep done. A few seemed to have a nightmare with the liner peeling off "like seaweed" in the tank apparently. There was a lot of discussion and info on this on ducati.ms back in 2008/9.
    Good for homework before you take the plunge...

3. I've caswell waiting in the garage to use over winter , I'm going to remove the tank and allow time to dry and return to shape first. Iv read that the secret is having the inner surface etched to allow the caswell to bond properly. Acid etch or agitate (shake) with grit inside ???

4. What is the quality like then? That seems really cheap.

I have looked into the Caswell option, if done properly i don't think you have much to lose.

5. Ducati have replaced my tank, great customer service and as you can imagine, I'm very happy. Mine was pretty bad and had a lot of free play due to expansion.

6. Tell all re the tank replacement , how did you aproach them , are you first owner , what did they say etc ?

7. PM me, if you want the full lowdown, below is a quick summary of what i did.

1. Make sure you have a full service history
    2. Log an issue with Ducati customer service, not through a dealer
    3. Take it into your dealer for an inspection
    4. Get a replacement tank!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information