1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am still debating

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by rjt_berlin, Mar 10, 2013.

1. akrapovic exhaust for the KTM ...loooks sorted.:upyeah:

2. aftermarket exhausts are the only way forward on MANY bikes nowadays!

3. That wasn't my experience from a recent test ride (gawd bless launch invites) but then we're all different. It felt exactly like my old 1200 GSA, just a bit perkier and fresher (and not so top heavy because it wasn't carting around 7gal of fuel). A testament to BMW's evolutionary development, I guess.

4. Just buy the multi, you know your heart is telling you too!

And ride with smile after smile

Your only here once!!!

5. I quite like the idea of a Multi for every day riding, but I'm a short arse so it ain't gonna happen.

6. How short?

I purchased Robs MTS1200 and at 5'8.5" I did find it difficult at first. Eventually I got used to getting on and off, at 18.5 stone I can now swing my leg like johnclaude van Dan! One day I'm going to kick it over!

I think Rob fitted a different. Seat?

7. Just FYI re the Ohlins; the Ohlins on the MTS are (were) "built to order", as in high quantity specifically for the MTS. Ohlins themselves have stated as much so unfortunately the super quality isnt quite there. Sensational yes, superb, no.

The good news is, albeit if you are a sad case with deep enough pockets, Ohlins have the real deal (not the made to cost) units available for the MTS.

They ain't cheap.

8. Here's how to make any "two choices" big decision in life:

Assign each choice to one side of a coin. Toss the coin. While it's in the air, you'll find yourself hoping it lands a certain way. Go with that choice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've noticed they've started doing a TTX rear shock for the non-DES model...I suspect I'll be lining one of those up to replace the Sachs relatively soon :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wanted to do my deal, was all sorted, wrong assumption made on his part, am not first owner so now he declined price offered....... Balls to that, may sell bike, but wont go back to this dealer.....

11. +1 for that

12. +1 here too.

13. Easy choice , Multi who the fook wants a BMW ? You couldn't pay me to ride one ! :biggrin:

14. Bet you I could. :smile:

15. Well maybe a bit hasty :wink: Depends how much of course !
    but I wouldn't spend my hard earned on one, but then again I quite like the K1300s :rolleyes:
    Bought the Multi and well happy with it !
    so still wouldn't get a Beemer !

16. I'd suggest you will not be disappointed. If I may ask what's the $?

17. I would agree - Darren @ MCT put Ohlins on both my previous bikes (1200GSA and Speed Triple), lovely ride quality and they survived winter abuse ok too.

I'm expecting a price tag the wrong side of £1k though :eek:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information