1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

an easy MTS question...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by gokalpmultistrada, Mar 17, 2013.

1. This may seem like a strange question but could you see any suggestion of a laptop with the scrote because I find it strange that he would want to start the bike at all and attract attention as he was nicking it.

If the steering lock was on then as previously stated, pressing the emergency button would light up the dash and lights but wouldn't release the lock without the pin. They could have broken the lock without pushing the button.

The laptop could be used to bypass (reset) the pin code but that would also need a copy of the official servicing software but I find this highly unlikely, which again begs the question, why light up the headlights and attract attention unless you were going to ride it away?

if there is a copy of the servicing software doing the rounds then this is highly worrying.

2. Just a thought, what about a passive key and "default" passcode. If so If i was the thieving bastard I would do the lottery saturday.

What was the details of the bike and was there any notable markings etc so we can keep a lookout . Can we all kepp an eye out on Ebay Gumtree and the like for an influx of Multi parts for sale?

3. He'd need to get the riders seat off and power the bike up with key or PIN before even getting around to reset the PIN.
    Having to smash the steering lock would point to him not having the PIN or a key as either would release it. The lights coming on is only half the game having pressed the recovery button....
    Looking at the OP's location, it's Istanbul so doubt we'll see the bike or parts over here.

4. Ah! ....... I cant see the posters location clearly im missing something.!

5. this keyless ignition thing does make me nervous, but it takes me ages to enter the pin and I know what it is.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information