1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Annoying Frame Plugs

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by ColT, Mar 12, 2016.

1. I too have never had an issue with my legs catching the standard frame plugs, but saying that I am a lanky twat with a 34" inside leg.

Those CNC black plugs look nice though... :)

2. do CNC have a uk distributor ? as my iclke legs catch the rubber plugs all the time.

3. Design Corse stock them.

4. Carbon conquest do frame plugs also'

5. £100 + is a fair bit as I only want to replace the top plugs to stop my legs catching on the rubber bungs.
    So i had a look at the original plugs.
    they are less than £4 a pair from Ducati so cheap enough to replace if the following went wrong.

I got some black smooth hamerite paint and painted the now removed plugs, spray is bettter but I managed to get a reasonable finish with a smooth brush and then letting the paint settle.

I then aquired some spray lacquer from tool station.

Industrial Spray Lacquer 500ml - Toolstation

and sprayed the plugs with several coats.

The result is not perfect however a quick garage on/off test the new smooth laquered surface of the plug didnt catch my leg.

I suspect using a spray Hamerite and taking a little more time with prep and letting the paint cure in non sub zero tempratures may give better results.

Obviously the laquer will eventually wear off over time however there is probabaly enough in the £5.30 can to recoat dozens of times.

6. Did a ride today well worth it

IMAG1654.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information