Any going South (Surrey etc) Sunday 7/7

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by marinos848, Jul 3, 2013.

1. It should be cleared by the time we get there. If not then can someone bring some matches please??

2. running late - more like 10.45 for me

3. So we are all here. Where are you?!!

4. The Ducati table outside Rykas :)

5. Ok we're off to Bury Hill.

6. Thanks to everyone who help with the Puncture.
    AA turned up after 1hr 15mins. Either we had two punctures or we repaired a non-puncture.
    2nd puncture was at the site where we thought there may be one.
    In any event, rode down to Littlehampton to the newly open Steam Packet, near the railway station.
    Lovely little pub, with three holiday lets above.
    Now to get a new puncture repair kit and my rear tyre replaced.
    Marinos I'll catch up during the week.

On the way back I saw a whole load of broken glass just over the top of the hill.

What a cracking day, albeit I was feeling a little deflated at times (twice).:biggrin:

7. Glad you got it sorted.
    View attachment 17488
    Glad I went North after the others headed South. I heard there no parking whatsoever on the front?!
    I rode through Petworth & Guildford to Newlands Corner.
    Lost my number plate as I entered Guildford but backtracked & found it. A friendly garage gave me two screws free of charge to re-attach it :)
    Second time that's happened!
    View attachment 17489

8. Glad you got it sorted. Not a long wait considering how busy the A.A must have been today, and not a bad place to wait!

9. Well we had a blinding ride to Brighton, steaming hot and the......................................traffic!!!! We spent all afternoon having fish and chips under the pier as it was the only place that was shady! Then we sat on at a café all day watching the traffic chaos on the front. Great day out chaps with entertainment thrown in with Chris trying to feed the seagulls with no success, then the pigeons and finally a Wait for it.................................................A PARROT:tongue: Hope your tyre is ok Rob?

10. Got home no problem although was probably paranoid the back end felt skittish and was a bit wary leant over. When I got home I pulled the metal lump out and it was a smallish panel pin or tack so tyre is now squared off, canvas pattern just visible down the centre and punctured. I may have to admit defeat and replace it... Less than 2000 miles.

11. cracking day - won't forget those poppies in a hurry :)

12. Chris did you peel of the M23 for petrol?

13. peeled off to go home Peter! - was 16 miles to Redhill if I had kept on A23 - shudda turned off on A272 earlier. I might just as well have gone to Heathfield the way we went :) Hope you all got home safe.

14. Down on the beaches, looking at the peaches eh?:wink:

15. no-one lapped us up though :frown:

16. Ok. glad you got home safe.

17. Cracking day yesterday and managed to find a mobile tyre fitter who is sorting my puncture this week, then service booked and a few bits done next week.

It must have been puncture day given it turned out two of us had something the same day.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information