1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Servicing Recommendations For Surrey Or Hampshire?

Discussion in 'Dealer & Workshop reviews' started by general_piffle, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Pro v twins in Godstone. I haven't used them for servicing myself, but I've been in there lots of times for parts. If I had to use someone for service it would be them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. snells gets my vote every time.

i am another who would not use MD Racing again after my experience with him 2-3 years ago. the usual overcharging for the minimal amount of work instructed. Avoid this bloke.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Louigi Moto , Clutton Hill , Bristol , Highly Recommended ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WM Snells. No competition. All others are inferior.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. 100% agree :upyeah:...best old duffer in the South.:Bag:
    Don't expect anything, but an engineer who knows his stuff.:Artist:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Another vote for Snell Performance. They have been great for me, simply because I know they are 100% trustworthy even if they have a problem they are not able to fix initially for some reason. Avoid InMoto, Croydon, they told me a pack of lies when I went back to them with some issues on a bike that i bought second hand that originally came from them two years before. There's also a guy here in work that had issues with his new KTM who was also given the run around all summer and no fix.

• Like Like x 1
  7. could give a ....

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Moto Rapido..because they're the only ones I know and have always been pretty awesome :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. @AirConTechnical you Sir; are either on drugs or just out for a fight, both the firms you so readily slag off in your post are first class, WM Snell will and do go out of their way to help and are always more than fair, they didn't have to loan you a bike, and you slate them for it, Mike Dawson is one of the very few trustworthy independents, I have never heard anyone badmouth either of them, I suggest that the next time you are riding past MD & Snell's on your way to Rapido you stop in and apologise to both, I have made Wilf aware of the bollocks you are posting here so that Rapido can be ready for when you take umbrage with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. Avoid MD Racing.
    Was good...lost the plot.
    This question has been asked before...good thread.
    Use search.
    second big service - outside warranty - please post your prices and recommendations. | Ducati Forum

@Kato you are entitled to your opinion, as I of mine.
    Not on drugs nor out for a fight or slagging people off.
    The OP asked for servicing recommendations and I gave mine.
    Now you have given a version of yours, albeit lacking in facts/detail.
    You say that you've never heard anyone badmouth Mike, which by the way I didn't just explained why I wouldn't use him again. To get to you position in the thread you already went past others with the same opinion?

Letting both know my views will not be news to either of them as I made my views clear at the time and they both have my business and mobile numbers if they wish to call. If they are are concerned that any of my statements are untrue they have a route to discuss such with me. I think you'll find both strangely silent.

I've spent many £'000s with Mike and would agree he used to be excellent, but recently and others are the exact same opinion.

Note
    In addition to Snell lending me a bike with an unroad worthy chain they also failed to replace the Exhaust valve cable, despite being asked to (voice recordings available). I was told that it didn't need to have it replaced.
    A more honest answer is "we haven't even connected the new exhaust valve to the servo".

I already mentioned that I was lent the motorcycle free of charge.
    I'd have rather have paid for one with a correctly tensioned and lubricated chain.

Not sure who WILF is, but if he doesn't want the servicing business on three Ducati I can take it elsewhere.

Please try to keep to facts rather than feelings.

#33 AirCon, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I wouldn't

12. Why not?

13. Just recently bought my new bike from there, they are so disorganised.
    Salesman tells you one thing, the guy in charge of parts tells you something completely different.
    Salesman says oh we will transfer everything from your old bike to new bike free of charge, when I go to pick bike up Parts n servicing manager says sorry we have to charge, told him I aint paying and I didnt either.
    Bear in mind I had just bought 20k bike, and Rizoma fluid pots, asked if he could do a deal on the fluid pots he says no sorry can't do, yet everywhere else I speak to can knock 10% of list price.

14. Very surprised to hear that Cupid. Haven't bought a bike from them myself, so don't know. I've only bought parts from them. I've been in the workshop and spoke to the mechanics, and they have always been helpful. Lots of different bikes in there old and new, so from a servicing point of view they look pretty good.

15. I am not questioning their experience or knowledge, Brett who is the salesman can seem a little condescending sometimes when he talks to you.
    The mechanics are good, friendly and helpful, and to be fair Brett and Pete are too as long as it is costing them nothing and encouraging you to buy something.

I got free Termi's with mine so took it back there for first service and get them fitted, while they had bike Brett phoned me offering a deal on carbon hugger and another carbon item, I said no and then proceeded to ask him what their bank details were so I could pay by bacs transfer, his answer was "speak to Pete when you come in, I have to go now got a customer" and promptly put the phone down, I found that to be extremely rude. Obviously because I wasn't interested in buying what he was offering he had no more need to talk to me.

He reminds me of a dodgy 2nd hand car salesman.

16. Fair enough. I'd be pretty pissed off if I had just spent 20k and they was rude to me. If I bought another brand new Ducati, all i'd be concerned about is after sales service to be honest.

Years a ago I bought a new S4 monster from Daytona motorcycles in pentonville road London. By the time I got the bike home (20 miles away) it was pissing out oil from the vert cylinder base gasket, don't think they even bothered doing a PDI. Also had to wait 4 months for the clocks to be replaced under warranty.

Compared to Daytona, they look like a good bet.

17. My normal dealer is P&H ( I cannot not fault the service I have had there over the years) and I will give Marcus (Sales Manager) his due he tried his hardest to source the bike for me, he even tried to get Ducati to send one but there answer was sorry no longer in production.
    New model in production.
    I heard about this one from a neighbour, it was still unregistered and the colour I wanted so really had no option.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information