1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Anybody Help Me With Suspension Settings On Base Model I Am Setting Static Sag

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by cmyers_uk, May 24, 2014.

1. It just said 'Adventure' bike.

I would agree on your point re Rider sag, bradders. Static sag alone just tells you if the spring is even just right for the bike and sadly they don't sometimes even get that right from the factory. The springs on the 954 i used to own were so soft as standard.

2. Cool seems common sense of longer travel equals more sag could be right

3. He did mine back end of last year, and fitted new rear spring as was too soft for my set up with pillion & luggage, best money spent on bike so far !

4. having used mine on track today, skyhook version, its perfectly balanced!

5. Cmyers, how many turns of preload did you add on the front to achieve the 55mm? I know its all weight dependant, but I'm curious as I weigh 95kg and have 4 full turns on the front and the rider sag is still about 70mm. My rebound is 2 turns and compression is 2 1/2 turns.

6. Rebound and compression damping setting does not have any influence on static sag. Static sag is all about weight spring stiffness and preload. I found out ( measured ) that the OEM spring are a bit on the soft side. Designed / choosen for a rider with a mass of 80 kg. If you are heavier you need a stiffer spring to cope.

7. Thanks Dutchgixxer.....I'm aware rebound and compression does not influence sag.

8. I've found 2 full turns preload and 21/2 turns compression and rebound work very well , 102 kgs but big improvement over stock and its good to see changes that work

9. sorry i don't know but a lot, both front and rear took lots of turning far more than i expected. I didn't touch rebound or compression. I weigh 15stone old money. The setting of the static sag has removed the dive on the brakes and the squatting out of the corners on the power. Ive just ridden 2200 miles with it all over alps and very impressed with the change , well worth bothering to set the static sag. The reason i don't know is i was sat on bike with spanner while wife measured the sag and i turned, bounced , rechecked etc. :) I was more taking care to turn both sides the same.

10. :) where is that lottery ticket!

11. @cmyers_uk I was amazed how well it managed, but being wet helped ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information