1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Anyone Else Disappointed By The New 2016 Pp?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Spencer Gardner, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Actually, that sounds about right: deduct the VAT, then allow a couple of grand's depreciation...

2. D4VE over here the S is GBP 20,600 and the deal i got on the PP it's costing a bout 2 K more. Alot of dosh i know but a boys got to have his toys....

Steve

3. Don't think new owners take all the VAT hit , I don't believe it quite works like that , I had a 2011 MTS for a year and lost £500 on it.
    Just a little bit different , also didn't lose that much money on my GS either.
    Some marques are just better at holding residuals....KTM's certainly aren't in that category from my experience

4. It shouldn't but that won't stop a dealer telling you that it does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 1290 GT? Nice! Would love to hear your reviews..initial and a few thousand miles in...

6. When's yours turning up? I can't get any sense out of either KTM or Scotland's only KTM dealer…

7. That's one of the things that worries me slightly about going the KTM route. Dealers are thinly spread and typically a lot...ummm...less "substantial"...than Ducati dealers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. They do indeed. Quite how that works, I'm not quite sure: my bikes are my company vehicles, so we get all the VAT back as soon as I buy! :)

9. Well I was offered a bike that is on route to a dealer right now, but when I asked about all the extras I wanted they said no probs they will come at the same time and in time for my first trip begin of june, ive asked for confirmation but they failed to confirm and only a £300 discount to be had for buying outright, another dealer offered near on £700 discount and confirmed some of the extras like touring pack is on back order and will be available begin of june, however there awaiting build date for the bike, apparently info from ktm UK is sketchy at the mo due to moving offices.

10. Great time for KTM to move offices - just coinciding with the launch of what's likely to be their best-selling bike ever! :-D

11. i saw the PP on the bike show in london Excel. nothing special! glorified carbon parts added with a ohlins suspension, paint job! i wouldnt give more then £15500 to that !

12. It is difficult to see where the extra £6000 over a base 1200 comes from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I was told that the Ohlins (from the Panigale R) cost over £5000 o_Oo_O So with a paintjob and a termi slip on its a bargain !!! :confuse::confuse:

I still will put money on there being a sweetner soon i.e. a grands worth of 'free' kit etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeah but there is the refund from the basic suspension to take into account.
    I will look forward to any offers :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  15. £5000 for those spec ohlins sounds like salesman talk + Ducati added tax to me.

I'm sorry but at that level of bike in mass production I just don't buy that.

Still people will buy it obviously, if you have the money I guess why not.

Depends what you're after really

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. i got one, bikes mint, suspension is amazing ( had the old s with ohlins for 5 years and thought it was the best bike id ever ridden) this is better, the brakes are un believable, the engine (common to all new DVTs ) is great, i got full race termi which makes a big difference, the paint is great its a proper weapon, yes it cost me nearly 22k but if your on a budget then buy an african twin, im sure youll be happy with that. i know 4 people who've bought the new pp and we all think it is worth the extra, but each to their own i suppose,

• Like Like x 2
  17. The forks looks identical to the Hypermotad SP forks and they don't cost £5k more than the standard bike.

18. [QUOTE="phil street fighter, post: 739863, yes it cost me nearly 22k ,[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of wonga for sure, makes mine a steal for £15.5k when I sell it shortly with 10 miles on the clock and £4K worth of carbon, full termi and every extra ..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. forks are the proper full spec ohlins, ride one you will feel the difference not sure what is on the f*ktard but i dont think they are the same.

20. That's a lot of wonga for sure, makes mine a steal for £15.5k when I sell it shortly with 10 miles on the clock and £4K worth of carbon, full termi and every extra ..[/QUOTE]
    like i said ducatis on a budget dont really go, i rode the beemer and the ktm and they werent as good, i have had a load of dukes and i know what i like, they are a pleasure tool for me so why not indulge, a few grand in the scheme of things is nothing when youve got to live with it and always wish youd gone a bit further into ya pocket to get the one you really want:) the standard answer for someone on a budget is to call others more money that sense but my bikes are sat in my garage just needing riding not upgrading, not painting, just riding, i dont do cars, they are sh/te, so i spend my cash on bikes, and i do have enough sense to know that to pay less for something that isnt quite what you want is nonsense, better you pay for the one you do want and enjoy it...................

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information