1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Here Skydive?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Joe748, May 14, 2016.

1. Best adranalin Rush you'll ever experience

2. Basically 2 ways to become qualified
    1 RAPS ram air progression system - more jumps required but less expensive, start on static lines at 3000ft and progress higher and longer delays until into actual free fall.
    2 AFF accelerated free fall, 1 day ground training and then straight to altitude (12500ft) with 2 instructors progress to 1 instructor following successful completion of exercises after 4 jumps. Another 4 jumps with no 8 combining all exercises. Land all jumps under instruction from radio strapped to helmet. Complete 10 solo jumps and awarded A licence. I'm out of touch with course costs but would suggest the AFF to be around £1500 -£2000. Then it starts to get expensive! A new complete rig can cost anything up to 6k, jump suit £200-£500 helmet, altimeters, another £500. Once kitted out jumps to altitude are surprisingly cheap at £20ish depending on DZ.
    I have details of the best instructor in the business who regularly runs trips just for AFF abroad if anyone interested. All this talk of jumping, I may just dust off my licence

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Here's a helicopter jump over Newark, I remember it was bloody cold! I've jumped all manner of planes and helicopters and a balloon in the US.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh please start a new thread on microlights, would love to read about it.

5. five.JPG
    No but I'll tease you with a picture! 100hp Rotax engine, two seats and loads of fun.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information