1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know the owner of MX07HZR (Monster, London area)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Humbug, Sep 28, 2012.

1. yeah i know , im just saying that id be interested in claiming it if humbug could help me , just done abit of googling and it turns out all you need to do is get the veihcle on private land contact the police explain to them the situation and give the reg number and chassiss number , and the police have 30 days to locate the owner after the time has passed , then you can file to the dvla for th v5 and after anothewr 30 days theyll send you what you need , id be interested in that as the original owner if he,s not died or took ill doesnt seem to be interested in the bike :upyeah:

2. I'm sure the police who may be reading this would like to question you
    Not the best thing to be suggesting

3. i suppose thats a fair point , but i havent done anythin wrong by suggesting something .

here have a look at this link as this is what id like to do and its perfectly legal and legit as the police would be informed .

Can I claim an abandoned vehicle and register it in my name legally with no come backs from the last owner? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

4. Suzukiman, back off! I saw it first. it's mine:mad:

5. haha nice try bozo !! , i,ll go halves with you :upyeah: p.s haha look at us where like a pair of vultures scaveging for this bike

6. Humbug, I think you might have to rescue the bike from these guys, not the car park!

7. I really don't like the way this has gone! I didn't invent this thread for financial gain.

Anyway, I have called the police, and given them all the details, and they said to leave it with them.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I am going to play a bit of devils advocate here. Do not agree with Suzuki man there if it was that easy one could get loads of supercars in his ownership. I can point out 3 where owners live abroad most of the time and would not be contactable by DVLA or police.

Saying that if this bike gets towed it is bye bye to it. A perfectly good bike will be destroyed a waste for environment for starters where I know I would make use of it for example.
    At the same time if it gets towed after month of storage costs of it will be higher then value of bike and towing company would have earned 5k with a cost of petrol and few man hours. I know from experience they would put minimum effort possible to establish owner quickly to get costs high first.

9. I'm not interested in the financial gain , I'd like to stop what looks a perfectly good bike getting towed and crushed , of course I would be financially better off , but it's not why I'd want the bike , I would just like to make that clear !! ,

From what I've read I think the police will try make contact with owner now and then maybe common sense will prevail

10. Its probably just broken down and the owner is STILL waiting for parts from Italy.:tongue:

11. If it were an Aprilia that would be the only logical solution.

12. Which is what the owners of the car park should have done in the first place

13. Yes, that looks legit. I always get my legal advice from 5 year old anonymous posts on internet message boards. I can't see any flaws in that at all. No "taking without owner's consent" or "theft" issues there at all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. If you take that bike it will be theft. You are Dishonestly appropriating property with the intention of permanently depriving the owner of it(The legal definition of theft) In other words, you know it's not yours to take, but you'll move it in your hire van with the intention of keeping it! Remind me never to park my bike near you...

15. Listen guys, it's quite obvious he had no intention of nicking the bike, it was only a comment, so let's leave it at that, shall we?

Me; now I'd nick it in a heartbeat...

• Like Like x 1

16. Are you sure.......

17. Fill out a V62 registration form with the details and send it to DVLA with a covering letter explaining the period of time you have known it to be unused, or abandoned.
    The DVLA will write to the recorded owner telling them someone wants to register the bike.
    If the owner doesn't reply within 14 days you receive a V5 in your name - all absolutely legal.
    A pal of mine did it with a cute SRX600 that was lying around in a friend's warehouse for a couple of years.
    He rode it for 2 years and then sold it with no issues.

18. If you check your V5 it states that the registered keeper my not be the registered owner..

19. As a friend of mine discovered with a run in with the law during a split from his ex. Registered keeper is just that, the receipt in his ex's name proved her to be the owner.

matt

20. Could be several reasons its been left there; the owner a squaddie on tour left it knowing its secure and will collect it when he returns? The owner currently going through a divorce and put the bike out of the way/equation until divorce is settled so it doesn't become part of the assets? The owner may have passed away? The owner may have dementia and forgot where he/she has left it possibly walking aimlessly around london still looking for it! Personally ringing the police is the best way, it will be checked and then dealt with accordingly, quite honestly there must be a complete legit reason for it being their, who knows? But it is someone's bike it is fairly new and tbh If I had left my bike for one of the reasons above then I would expect it to remain there until I return unless I'm dead of course and wouldnt like to think that someone was plotting to obtain it!!!! but the fact it is insured speaks volumes!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information