1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Bike Lifts A Pain In The Arse?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bootsam, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Shhh, he's got a wooden shed for a Garage, don't talk to him :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. That's very useful info, thanks.

Unlike some others comedians :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Its traditional...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Its a 77ish Vespa Rally 200 Electronic

• Like Like x 1
  5. Might be able to modify it

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. If you had a nice shed, you'd think differently.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. The downside would be the bench would be that much lower...6" when extended to full height.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have been putting off and putting off a good old re-organisation of my garage. I think in the summer I'll do a Garage SOS on it. I dont make good use of the space because, well Im a disorganised sort. I hate tidiness, its almost fascism. Plus my tools always like to congregate around me on the floor.

Ive been meaning to give it a good white wash too to help visibility and add some better lighting and put my heaters somewhere where I am less likely to cause either a fire or an explosion.

So Ill pull it all out on a summers weekend. Paint it, add some more shelves, take some stuff to the tip and consider ac's bike lift. Although the sunken in lift is a good idea. I could easily gun out a shallow trench for it. But you just know a shim or something will effin disappear into it at the most inopportune moment. Al least on the floor my niobium broom finds it. (basically a stick with a v strong magnet on it)

So plans for summer = sort out my tip. I need the room as my 916 is at 30k and needs some attention to the chassis. Some surface rusting and paint flaking. I want to get the frame redone. Not a restoration though. Paint frame, put it back together type.

9. Famous last words! Its very hard not to start all those other little jobs that you "might as well do whilst its in pieces"...

Good luck with the clear out in the garage. You might find all kinds of long forgotton useful stuff - I usually do!

10. Nope genuinely only frame. No other little jobs to do. My 916 is for riding and riding hard. I like the little dinks and things from wear and tear, but theres some paint flaking and surface only rust up by headstock. I just need to nip that in the bud.

11. Right after investigations. Some umming and ahhing and some self introspecting Ive decided that post #2 from AC was spot on. I see the sky lift works with the abba. Which I already have, inc rear bit to lift front. So therefore it'd be easier to go this route. So i'll do some interior design, throw out all the broken things I keep just in case they mend themselves and make space for it. I'm getting too old for all this rolling around on the floor malarkey. Admit it Boots. Youre old. Arse!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ya gota go with what you think will work for you so nothing is neccessarily right or wrong. The hydraulic ramp works for me and I’m a damn sight older than you are :cool: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  13. ...my bike on the abba Skylift :D Had it a few years now on its 3rd bike (huge range of adapters for different bikes available).
    On getting the Skylift I sold the hydraulic work bench I had....the Skylift is way more useful than a lift bench especially for wheel removal and being able to lift the bike 'wheelie' or 'stoppie' fashion (arse or nose in the air) is great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...with the work bench you still need bike stands to raise the wheels.
    Dodgy back and knees a problem foe me.....one of these helps a lot :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information