1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aston Owners

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Astonishing isn’t it.

Being a bloke, I purchased the car and didn’t measure shit. So arriving home in it was… bum twitchy :D

it fits pretty well though, got the gsxr up behind it as well as various other bike Paraphernalia and a toolbox.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It’s shit isn’t it, I think (unless your buying an estate with outbuildings) there was a small window in the late 70’s when houses were built with decent sized garages, before that people likely had one very small car and after that property and land became so valuable that it was regarded as wasted on somewhere to put your car, either that or previous has converted the once decent garage into another bedroom!

#322 Ackers, Dec 7, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1

3. Very true and granted the Vantage isn’t a huge car. But I can get the golf in and the van (just, but it’s sketchy) and obviously not at the same time :joy:. Again being a bloke, I saw a hole and wondered if my biggest asset would fit or not. Nearly ended in tears and wondering again for the millionth time “what possesses me to do such stupid shit” once I’d reached the point of no return.

I’m pretty happy with the house, it’s a David Wilson job and is doing me just fine for the moment. Plan to stay here 5 years or so depending how work goes over the next 12 months that may become 10 years or 2.

keep looking at more cars. I’m like a bloody magpie

4. Ive got my ticket for tonight’s lottery and in the very unlikely event of a win, I’ll let the mrs concern herself with number of bedrooms or indoor swimming pool, I’ll just worry about the sufficient allowance for climate controlled toy space!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

5. I’ve never actually played the lottery or even purchased a scratch card in nearly 31 years of existence.

But I figure it’s my turn.

I’d be a nightmare with 100 million or whatever. I’d be rocking up in a crushed velvet pimp suit and top hat, cane the lot.

The sheer amount of stupid shit I’d buy would make for excellent viewing though

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. The good news is that all the rain we've had should have cleaned up the roads when they dry out and current forecast is for milder weather at weekend :sun: I can feel a bit of 4 wheel fun happening all being well.

• Like Like x 2
  7. For me a lottery win would mean 4 bed house attached to a 12 car/bike garage with bar, drum kit, seating area and massive telly for the footy. Lady Vader could foil the house with whatever shit she wanted but would not be allowed to cross the threshold of the garage.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Oooh lottery win discussions.

If it’s more than 30 mil I’m taking half and the missus can do what she wants with hers….my half will be young birds, fast cars, worldwide travel. It will be the best 6 months of my life…

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Yep, a guy I know bought an AMG GTS. Got it home and it wouldn’t fit in the garage :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Did he move house?

11. I purchased my previous house in Sevenoaks because the ex got a dog and it was pissing my neighbours off.

Came home, lost my shit. Phoned the estate agent and sold my super hero spec shag pad apartment in 2 days.

Expensive dog.

12. No, but he was soon back in a 911.

13. Yeah, shag pads. I had a 2 bedroom flat and sold it within an hour of going on sale for full asking. Didn't even get the pictures posted up....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Houses are moving quickly round here at the moment.

SWMBO’s “hobby” is watching house programmes and rightmove and the like and had a conversation with Slow Dave’s missus (who works for a local estate agent) who was saying last Friday that 10 new listings had appeared in the village from the day before and of those listings 4 were sold within 2 hours after only one viewing. Which is all well and good if you’re selling, but then you have to find somewhere to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. You wonder how many get stuck in chains. We’ve had two in our close sell recently, within days, yet both are empty after 3-6 months! One owner died, other moved to renting while they found somewhere.

16. same here, my sister was looking at moving, she was getting offeres well over her asking price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. My house has just gone up in value by a gazillion pounds!!:innocent: Trouble is, so’s the fucker I really want to buy… drat… :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. I'm considering selling mine and moving to Florida free state.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Exactly this ^^^^ Then add in the moving costs (solicitors fees, removal company, and not forgetting stamp duty) and it becomes silly.

When we moved almost 3 years ago we moved from an individual, stone built, converted barn type, 3 storey house with 2 garages and a mezzanine floor and a stream at the bottom of the garden to a new build, traditional style, stone house on a small (and according to the builder’s advertisement “exclusive “) estate, because SWMBO wanted something new and modern without the eccentricities and quirks of the old house. It cost an additional £100k to move for something without the “wow factor” which the old house had.

If it’d been down to me I’d have stayed where we were, and upgraded kitchens and bathrooms as and when but as they say “happy wife, happy life” :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I only moved this time because I got divorced and the stamp duty being dropped.

House prices are mental everywhere though. I’ve been in mine for 8 months now or so, had it valued as there was an estate agent in the street a month or two ago and they reckoned I’d get near enough 100k more than I paid for it (off plan and pre covid with a discount).

As said though, No point selling and also don’t want to sell anyway. Shocking though that a 3 bed detached house can be marketed at half a million pounds. Mental.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information