1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aston Owners

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, Feb 6, 2021.

1. What are you getting?

2. Go on….

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bear with, will update tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tease!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dropped the Vanquish off today for annual service, fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Don’t get too excited….

7. Bloody Loveleh this is mine for a while, till I get bored LG19HKL-GB_440167835_20230711033556.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  8. Aston owners club in here now :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mine has been out of mot for ages but I haven’t driven it since August :astonished:

10. :astonished::astonished:!!!!!
    I'm firmly of the opinion that they should be driven regularly l, make sure I get out every week unless the roads are really covered in crap and just do 20 to 30 miles to get it properly warmed up and charge the battery.

#790 Hughdg, Feb 3, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. You need to loan it to me, I’ll drive it for you, free of charge too

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Well that was a fun day. This won’t be popular in here, but I went and took a new 992 GTS out for an hour earlier, as I’ve always wanted a 911, but thought it would be too firm. With the adaptive suspension it soaked all the bumps up, and was fine. The interior felt very modern, and it had all the latest tech.

We then went and took out a DB11. What a lovely car, extremely well put together, drove beautifully and sounded great. Driving that car felt like a real occasion. The only thing that let it down was the interior. The car was only a year or two old, but compared to the Porsche felt like a much older car. I started thinking I could live with that, but as a bit of a tech fan, just think it will niggle away at me.

In the showroom, they had the new DB12, which was absolutely exactly the Aston I’d want. But it’s £100k more! They also had some rather nice cars in there……..

IMG_8131.jpeg

IMG_8132.jpeg

But I’m afraid to say, we have a winner, and it’s German (hides behind the sofa!)…..

IMG_8130.jpeg

The plan is to find the right one of these, in the right colour, run it and enjoy it for a few years, then once DB12’s are within reach on the second hand market, make the leap. One day, Aston, one day.

• Like Like x 6
  13. That’s nice but, boooooooo
    I’m an Aston fan, not that I can afford either. Enjoy your new toy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Me too! But I want a 911 before the next hybrid model, which is coming soon. The DB12 hasn’t got any of that shit, so is firmly on the radar.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Very nice mate

• Like Like x 1
  16. I’d definitely go for a turbo over the gts mind.

the 991 and 992 turbos are ridiculous

• Like Like x 1
  17. They are, but the price they go for is bonkers. Reading and watching loads of reviews, the GTS seems to be the sweet spot in the range, and priced well. The performance isn’t far off a turbo in the real world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Will watch that later. I didn’t realise the DB12 was just a DB11 facelift, not a completely new model.

20. Thread hijack alert…

Couldn’t bring myself to sell or swap so decided to go full send… full Akrapovic system, IPD intake plenum, inconel headers, do88 intercoolers, cheeky tune, set of Power Cup 2’s and slightly lowered with HW spring kit. She goes well… :astonished::fist:
    IMG_0854.jpg

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information