1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Average Ducati riders age?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by slof, May 17, 2013.

1. Saddo :wink:

2. Apologies for the off topic (but having worked out the average, I've earned it):

Gardening/biking is a yin/yang thing. I like being peaceful in the garden, in a zen mode, pulling out weeds or otherwise nurturing stuff. And then after a few hours of that, I like putting on my leathers and having my own personal little GP on the 999 and getting that excitement and adrenalin rush. In gardening, my mind wanders to all sorts of things and I feel reflective. In biking, its all about the immediate second and focus.

There are many things in the garden I would cheerfully not do, and it takes up more time than I would like. But that's the price for having a fab garden, and having a beautiful private space to live in is a huge joy. There is no motor vehicle I'd swap my garden for. Although in an ideal world I might have a gardener to do some of the chores, I think I'd be missing something. Cooking your own meals is creative - just having someone put food in front of you isn't.

The garden also has its own timing. You can't really choose to put things off, as it all gets out of hand very quickly. So in certain seasons, if the weather is right, you just have to knuckle down to it.

And biking was more important when I didn't have a garden (which up to age 43, I didn't). Living in a flat, come the weekend, you want to be out of it and seeing stuff. Living surrounded by a garden, you can be quite happy chilling out in it. So until I had a garden, I had more time and more motivation to be doing other things.

3. 40 and I've had five dukes since I was 32, I get bored easy, I even fitted in a hornet inbetween.

4. I bet that bl**dy hurt!

5. I'm going to be 27 in November... possibly I'm a record: the youngest Multistrada rider :)

6. 50, Hyper 1100 evo (riden like a teenager), allways had a Duke since 1985

7. Well this is awkward.... I'm 46. I guess I'm average then. Ho hum... not special after all :mad:

8. At least you're not over average :frown:

9. But you're a Ducati owner, ipso facto, not average!

There! Feel better?!

10. Think of yourself as MORE than average ET :upyeah:

11. Good point well made Glidd :biggrin:

12. I do :smile:

It's everyone else that doesn't :frown:

13. So to throw my tuppence worth in, I'm 53, got my first Ducati at 41, had a break for 14 years, started riding at 16 and I'm a Leo

14. 42 pass for 28 :wink:

15. 30... riding since 25.... First Ducati at 26... :biggrin:

16. Newbie Ducati owner here.

Just buying my first Ducati at 58 years old.

Been riding since 18

• Like Like x 2
  17. WOOOOO! Im 24 years under the average

18. What do you want, a fucking medal?!

I've always liked that piece of gratuitous rudeness! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Hey Glid.......using your superhuman powers of calculation (or excel as it pobably is), what's the average now?

20. yes please, we could even do a swap as i have one for cantankerous old git here :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information