Average Speed Cameras

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nigel Machin, Jan 31, 2016.

1. White lines are essential to safe driving in bad weather conditions, fog and rain etc.
    It is all about saving money, nothing to do with saving lives, saving the cost to paint them, and the upkeep of them

#81 MaDProFF, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. My colleague and I went over to Germany for business. Hired a car and decided to have a bit of a road trip as we had to deliver some equipment. The fog was so bad we couldn't see 15 meter ahead on the motorway, only thing we could do was drive on the white line; one set of wheels either side. Safest way to travel as it was the only thing we could see.

3. I was driving through the Lake District today and the number of people who were on or over the centre white lines was unbelievable, they have no sense of the size of the vehicle they are driving or how far away they are from the verge.

4. Im using a section of A1 every day in North Yorkshire with average speed cameras. Biggest problem is people who sit in the outside lane at a varying 43-50mph, and they will NOT go back in the inside lane when there is a gap. Very frustrating with cruise set to a sat nav confirmed 50mph and big gaps in the inside lane.
    Are they some kind of vigilante 'speed police' or just the same ignorant fcuks that then continue to travel in the middle lane (regardless of the near empty inside lane) after the speed restriction,,or both?
    There is some entertainment from watching folks come flying past, either side, doesn't seem to bother them, just to slow down for each camera though. Thick or what?

• Like Like x 1

5. Agreed,100%

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes I can. I was recently working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. They don't have lines, just cat's eyes. It was a free-for-all. 5 lane roads became 7 or 8 when the traffic built up...etc. I'm sure we'll behave better here, but it'll be ugly.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information