1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Back From The Dead

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Vussey, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Thanks to Alec at Ducati pro team for resurrecting my 888… fresh Mot and she’s ready to go. It’s only been 15 years. Oops. 755B1E3E-731C-4ECA-B766-9E6F08654818.jpeg

• Like Like x 37
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Nice to see another one come back to life.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've just got my pantah back on the road. Off the road most of this century lol.
    img_1697801592.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. That’s a sweet ride

5. Never too late. In Alec we trust.

6. Looks great. Good to hear Alec still in business. He was the go to man when I had my 851, sold it with 71,000 on the clock, Alec carried out all the servicing.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Love the looks and proportions of the 888, when I get too old/fat for the 996 this will be the bike for me:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Bit harsh to all us 888 riders...! :(:D:joy:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I would be offended but I have a 998 and a v4. Tbf I can only ride the 998 for 25 minutes before I want to throw it into a hedge.

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Have you ever sat on the 888??? I had a 916 years ago, as well as the 851 SP3. I found the 916 much more comfortable (well, less uncomfortable!). Still kept the SP3 though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Think you’ll find even less room and comfort than a 996!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ride both and for me I reckon the 916 is far less forgiving than the 888, which feels not disimilar to my old 97 RRY Fireblade, as you are sat more in it than on it which means your neck and wrists get less of a work out... happily spend all day on the 888. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. My 1250 GS TE is more comfortable…. Was that out loud? Erm I’ll get my coat.

14. Nothing wrong with a bit cosseting! I am considering options for upping the comfort ante including padded pants and a support bra! Every little helps these days... :joy:

#14 KevB, Jan 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  15. Looks fantastic! How many miles has that done and how long have you owned it? Hoping to pick one up when I return from India

16. Same here - both riding positions are a bit weird compared to modern sports bikes though. I have a different top yoke on my 998s which allows me to slide the (original, narrow) clip ons up by a few mm - makes it a lot better - 120 miles in a morning is no problem. Rearsets on both, which help (I'm just under 5' 10)

• Like Like x 2
  17. I second that !

I wanted a 1098 from the moment I first saw one , then I got the chance to ride one for an afternoon ....
    ...... Magnificent !
    But for a 6'2" old fart with a long history of injuries ....... serious punishment !

" Crucifixion ? ..... that's a doddle ..... I can do that standing on me 'ead "

:)

18. Agree - easy to rectify.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information