1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Bar End Mirrors

Discussion in 'Monster' started by tcrofty7, Feb 8, 2021.

1. I wish you a speedy and full recovery, getting old ain’t for the weak…….:(

2. Did you manage to fit them ok?
    I found they wouldn’t tighten unless I wrapped a few turns of insulation tape around the internal expansion plug.

3. Some of the KTM 790 owners turned their clamps upside down, others like me bought the specific modified clamps.

4. The Spyballs or the NCS?

5. NCS

6. I’ve recall pre tightening the internal expansion clamp(?) just enough to get it to bite. On other bar end mirrors I have resorted to insulation or other tapes available.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Couldn't make up my mind on them,so before I committed to decent ones I bought a cheap Chinese set to see how they were. They have been spot on to be fair and will search out some decent ones. 20230901_182508.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yep, wouldn't have them on there if I couldn't :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is that a Triumph GT6 you’re renovating ?

10. Even when positioned on the inside as shown, they are still wider than the OEMs.
    Anyone needing wider than this should consider riding a Hog*.

*HD

#50 DarR, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Yes buddy but not restoring. Its being built into basically a more updated version of the LeMans gt6 that never raced. But with lots of modern racecar parts. It's my cousins car.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Was on a Christmas card delivery mission today and not being used to the new position of the bar end mirrors I accidentally caught the right hand one with my little finger, knocking it out of position and loosening it.
    Great when in position and I felt instantly comfortable using them however
    is there a solid solution to fixing them in position as the stem seems to act as leverage and thus works against their stability?
    I’m beginning to think Rizoma bars are not compatible?

#52 Carr01, Dec 20, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
  13. I’ve got these cheap ones off EBay, they work fine. IMG_1518.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Standard handle bars?

15. Yes, standard bars.

16. Thanks, makes sense
    I used the fixing taken from the bar end weights. I’ll know more on my next trip out.

17. That's all you need to see the flashing red and blue lights.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've just bough the NCS ones but even with silver foil wrapped around the expanding bolts I can't seem to get them to tighten up enough so that they don't rotate in the bars, am I missing something here?

19. IMG_9894.jpeg
    Ducati scrambler OE ones from the Sport model, presume they’ll fit the monster depending on tube diameter as they are bar end mirrors replacing the end weights.

20. I’ve got a full Termi and it looks the same as mine.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information