1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barbie - The Film

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mattie821, Sep 18, 2023.

1. The first film I can remember seeing her in was the first Suicide Squad - I remember the scene where she is getting changed and everyone is starring at her - she looks round - what are you all looking at - and everyone moves on sheepishly without saying a word :D

2. Cheers, googled her and haven’t ever watched any of the films she appeared in.

3. M Robbie in Wolf of Wall Street… just wow!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You’re getting your actresses mixed up dear boy.

5. If I may, you appear to be confusing one with the other in differing films? Jaime Presley was in My name is earl
    https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0005326/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Hadn’t realised that Margot apparently bought the rights to Barbie (the film) from Mattel and produced the film as well as starring. If she wasn’t minted already, she should be now with the box office takings.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I think what Chris is saying is how alike they look.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. did you acherly read this thread Rich? (#35 #36 #37)

[​IMG]

9. I acherly have been.
    Sadly

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. No, of course not. I've been thinking about Margo Robbie too much. She's fuddled my brain.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. me too - you still abroad? ..and still reading this thread? - you have me beaten. :upyeah:

12. Nah home now and as bored as you clearly are!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. She was in neighbours aswell.

14. Well we clearly have very different tastes in films, Jesus Christ I’ll never get those 2 hours back. Utter utter shite but Margot Robbie is nice to look at . :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Something else I have not ever watched.

16. Watched Barbie. We found it fairly entertaining. And is there anyone else in the world who is more suited to the character than Margo?! I think not….

Sure it was full of plenty of Hollywood preaching, and mega cheese, but still entertaining

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Agreed, very entertaining.

Not sure how many people get the start of the film - how that comes directly from the start of 2001 A Space Odyssey ! pre-civilizational until Barbie arrives like the obelisk in 2001 Space Odyssey.

Although making that connection makes it more entertaining - it does not spoil the film if you do not make that connection - it does not spoil the plot - just entertaining scene if you do !

18. Watching it with your buddies, you say? :thinkingface:

upload_2024-5-8_13-47-13.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I have only just viewed the Barbie film.

The script has a good deal of philosophy in it, which I like.

20. I am at WB studios and bumped in to this IMG_3484.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information