1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Accident Mr. Air Con

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. well......

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Were waiting finamin ......

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. excuse me, just back from the bog,damn my memory. so....

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Would ultrasound not show up broken ligaments?
    Just cos you're able to breathe etc ok doesn't mean you shouldn't be there. You need to be fixed up so you can walk properly and that's the only place it's gonnaa
    Aww

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. @AirCon
    Mate, are you on 8th or 9th floor?. I'll pop in to see you tomorrow.

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. Albert ward, next to fracture clinic in one of the sub buildings.

Home tomorrow afternoon .
    Twice today I've stretched the ankle for 10mins to 20mins then within the walking frame I've 95% weight born my whole mass with my good leg in the air. If I try again I get a massive electric charge and I fall over.
    So ankle, knee and external frame all working ok.
    It's a nerve problem either getting trapped or side pressure. I accidentally gave a junior doctor this demonstration. I was looking out of the window while stretchin then did the weight thing when a face appeared a groin height then rotated 90° to face me with the same incredulity that I had.
    He had crept up behind me and knelt down to read my medical notes then took great interest in what I was doing. He scared the shit out of me as I was checking my leg for a sudden popping of tendens and this was the last vision I was expecting.
    I'm pretty sure that a lot of patients aren't as articulate during discussions with doctors or as highly motivated to getting well. This together with being an argumentative old git make me the No1 patient he wants off the ward.

#746 AirCon, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hmm, you're out in the sticks. I'm in the main building tomorrow.
    didn't realise you came in! hadn't been on forums much recently. I'll try to nip over in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I would like that
    Bed 1 on Bay 4.
    Albert and Victoria wards can be found by going through sliding doors to the left of the entrance to the facture clinic entrance (don't go into fractures, our door is outside).

Going on the forums helps me in many ways. I'm gutted that my brother needs me more than at any other point in time and I'm stuck in here try to get sorted.

9. My external frame is the issue.
    MRI would be best, but apparently I'd go around with the machine. Imagine a shovel in a cement mixer

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

10. You may just be helping your brother too Paul as he will be thinking about you and helping you which in turn will make him want to heal quicker and you too so you can "help " him :)
    Thank goodness you have each other as you will understand what the other is going through
    Like book ends you two
    X

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. deffo.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Good luck with your Escape today :upyeah::D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Only 4 or 5 sheets needed as I'm on the first floor. ... the 9th floor was scary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I think we should break you for spares, would get more for you that way....

Seriously though, chin up mate. As James Brown says... Get down, get up?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I think he's been watching my physioterrorist teaching me to walk.

16. Nope you wouldn't :Finger:

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. agree, the price of scrap has plummeted

• Love You Love You x 1
  18. Thanks for visiting.
    I really enjoyed our little chat. Sorry if I was a little spaced out.
    What are the chances that you saw me as just a number ~ patient then a few weeks later put it together that I was Mr. AirCon!
    And I did remember our initial meeting at the Ace cafe.
    As you can see my wounds haven't been exaggerated!
    Thanks for taking time out you busy day to come and chat. I must admit I was a bit taken aback to see a man in theater garb ask for me by name when I expected to be going home within the hour?

• Like Like x 5
  19. You would be more taken back if he put the rubber gloves on :Inpain:

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Well that's funny... He Pm'd us all to say you were just being a pansy [emoji6]

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information