1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Accident Mr. Air Con

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Dudes and dudettes please waffle in some technical thread.;):Cigar:
    :Mooning:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. My unit has arrived, but i cant get it to work.
    i may be too weak to get it started.

help please

and i know this is ripe for parody.
    children please resist.

3. :Watching::Wideyed::Muted:

4. Hold hard, Mr AC. Hold tight, help will be coming :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. It would appear that my Powerballâ„¢ is faulty.
    Despite being well packed it rattles and only rotates twice if the string is used to start it yoyo style.
    Parcelfarce has struck again.
    Delivery was attempted twice as the idiot driver knocked, despite the two intercoms being available.
    Our home has been heavily sound proofed as someone built an airport nearby.

#946 AirCon, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. 95% articulate in both hand and fingers.
    I just need to improve wrist strength and movement.

• Like Like x 2
  8. That's really good but keep up the physio. I know it's painfull but it really is important so you get full use back. Great progress :upyeah:. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I will lift yet another beer for you this fine evening :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Maybe this would be a good time to take up the acoustic guitar. There's lots of finger stretching, mobility and strength in that. And it's more entertaining than squeezing a powerball - a lot more motivating too.

11. I lifted 4 or 5 :Hungover:. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Mrs. Aircon (Masters of Royal Holloway, concert Pianist) taught me to play the blues scales, perfectly.
    It took me ages and it wasn't pretty.
    After a good few drinks my favourite party trick is to walk up to a piano tap a few keys loudly, so that everyone looks and the room goes quiet. I'd then play the blues scales and walk away shaking my head, typically you get someone call out "play some songs" to which I reply "Nah, its out of tune and wouldn't do me justice". Mrs. Aircon gets really embarrassed and regrets the day she ever taught me that.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. How's your recovery coming along Paul?....all good I hope (did you get my email?)

14. Yes got the email and passed it on to Mrs. Aircon (a.k.a. SWMBO).
    Sorry if I did not acknowledge. I'm having problems functioning as a human not too mention the additional workload of the social skills of polite society.
    Crushed hand - is on course for full functionality, albeit with some permanent nerve damage (small).
    Arm\wrist - sore, but getting stronger.
    Lungs - good.
    Spleen - good.
    Ribs - good, albeit stiff.
    Leg - external frame until next year. Next parole hearing is at the end of the month when they will review the latest x-rays.
    Ankle - sore, no investigations until leg is repaired.
    Knee - painful and unstable, no repairs scheduled until leg has frame removed.
    Bathroom - well this was not an injury I was expecting. Trips to the bathroom, sitting down are hard, very hard. For some reason my turds have become coke can diameter pumice stone encrusted with broken glass. I have followed all advice including a senna tablet with everything, plenty of water and ''orrible lactalose liquid. Transit times are up to an hour and my bathroom ends up looking like a scene from Carrie.
    I think I've finally found the solution. Super senna (danger only take one every 24hours). These taken with every meal has improved things by around 50%.
    When I finally find the cause (probably Oxycodone) and remove it I will be ******* through the eye of a needle.

Life is living downstairs, walking short distances (50') with either a zimmer frame or odd crutches.
    I use a wheel chair for longer trips. I can only stay vertical for a maximum of 3 hours before the leg swells so much that the 12 metal pins and wires cause agony. This restores within 20 minutes of laying down with my leg above my heart.
    So lots of telly \ forum and not much else.

#954 AirCon, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Pleased to hear you're making good progress by the sounds of it.........on a daily or even weekly basis recovery may seem imperceptible sometimes but just think back a few weeks and you'll realise just how much better things are getting - you'll be back on a bike by the Spring :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Co-codomal will do that to your turds. Especially the hospital strength 30-500 pills. You on them at all? Just stick to tramadol, that way only you and the fairies you're away with, will be around when it does start coming out of the eye of a needle.

GWS

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Use both. Works for me and there's sidesolutely no abs-effects!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. On the basis that Pauls lungs are good and one hand is working, rather than trying to play the blues scales on the piano, best if he got someone to buy him a harmonica (ie a blues harp)....:Sorry:

Keep going Paul...........it's hard work........and be prepared to feel snow coming two days before it does.....

19. I could post you my de-plated Mutley pulleys as finger weights if that helps? Glad to read on here that your still soldering on.

20. Dude...I forgotten about a harmonica.
    I used to have one as a young kid...until my dad punched me and chucked it out of the window on the M3.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information