1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Accident Mr. Air Con

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Ive just discovered "Orange is the new Black" , which has stirred some life in "downstairs".
    It's a bit like " Orange is not the only fruit", well at least the stirring is....funny that my autopredict on my Hudlâ„¢selected stiff instead of stir...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Only one?

I'm not surprised he chucked it out of the window...............

.......you could only play in one key.................and one song.......

"Wen I wake up in the mornin' Ah beleeve Ah'm gonna bust ma leg............"

Sorry, that should be "...dust ma broom"

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. Her indoors has just finished the whole latest series. Capt. Janeway has changed a bit!!!

4. For those of you out there in forum land who haven't put this tedious thread or me on ignore;
    Here is the news.

Main Headline: SWMBO is softening her iron stance on motorcycles at ours.(subject to conditions*)....

*Easily sorted...
    " Bro, me old chestnut; get your arse around here and collect your bikes"......"I don't care if you've only got one leg and no where to put them"......"the important thing is she said OK, if I get rid of some of the others first, so guess what mate! "

In other news: Yesterday I felt confident enough in my ankle and knee to walk, unaided by zimmer frame nor crutches. I walked for around 4-9 steps before taking a break and did about 50 steps in total 2 sessions 5 hours apart.
    Today, no chance. Barely a shuffle.
    Did I over do it yesterday? Probably.
    Ankle says no, as does the knee.WTF.
    How am I supposed to plan my day with a body that sends mixed messages like this.

In other news Oxycodone hydrochloride is now down to 5mg every 4hrs during the day and 10mg over night (30mg total). I can feel all my injuries, some more than others, but all of them none the less.
    I'm in pain, but at least I can actually think.
    This has made me more than a little prickly (think ultra sharp hedgehog), so on Monday those customers who haven't paid their July (and August) invoices may get a rude awakening.

Minor hand news: one stich fell out, when I don't know. The other two will be removed later today and I'm no longer wearing the 1\2 cast.

#964 AirCon, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Good stuff A/C, slow and steady wins the race :upyeah:.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Keep it up Paul. :upyeah:

Don't over do it though because you'll only put your rehabilitation back. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Just be sure you're thinking straight enough when chasing those invoices.

"You F**king promised payment you C*nting p*rick of a..."

"Paul, Paul, PAUL!!!... mines invoice 1037 not 1047..."

"Oh... Thanks for paying last week".

Anyway, good news on the walking. You may think you've overdone it now but it's amazing what the body can do when pushed. At least you're fighting. [emoji106]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Don't worry about the customers who are paying late, its the same old culprits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sorry @Biot I haven't gone past the first 93 seconds 6 times yet, so not had chance to put names to boobs.
    I'll watch the rest when Mrs. Aircon goes shopping, in town, not local.
    [​IMG]

#969 AirCon, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  10. On another small matter.
    I've not been able to get upstairs which has made nearly 1\3 of my home unavailable to me.
    This week a new hand rail. With a bag full of confidence and 20 minutes those 14 steps will be conquered.
    That night I sleep in my own kingsized bed. More importantly I'll be able to bath and shower.
    No more 1\4 corner sink in the downstairs toilet for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

11. What about a stairlift and it will come in handy when you retire ;)
    Good to see you making more progress Paul it may be small but all good things come in small packages :Kiss:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. When I retire I'll sell this expensive to run money pit and move to warmer climes.
    Perhaps were the food is good, as is the wine and the motorcycles are the best.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Great to hear of your progress. Keep at it.
    Will you be up for a trip to the NEC Birmingham show in a month's time? If I do the driving this time, and the wheelchair pushing? Do you want to go?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. You are very kind sir, however I cannot go anywhere with my leg in this external fixator.

15. Progress on all fronts :)
    Fantastic news...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Good news Paul.......

But I'm not too sure about how the new handrail is fixed........

........a bag of confidence isn't that secure.....screws might be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Given that my left had can barely hold an apple fitting a 4m hardwood hand rail will be a challenge.
    Further it would be fitted to a wall on stairs I cannot currently climb.

A suitable tradesman has been sourced and as soon as it arrives (from North of the wall) I'll give "Mick the Duct" a call. He is also known as "Chainsaw Mick", but that was a simple misunderstanding and it was all a very long time ago. No one actually got hurt, just a few chairs, the pub door and the bar.

Once installed with suitable fixings I will attempt to make base camp by night fall. SWMBO has said not a chance of any further that first base camp until I've had a shower!

#977 AirCon, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. We're on page 49, can we have you better by page 50 please :):Angelic::upyeah::D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

19. Better call in bear grylls for some climbing tips ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Shit, page 50 already :Sorry:

• WTF WTF x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information