1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Accident Mr. Air Con

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Hospital Friday, so will update then on when this bear trap is being removed.
    [​IMG]
    Library picture used in case people are eating and surfing the web.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. At least keeping all your old bell bottom flares has finally paid off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. A Ducati mobility scooter; for those recovering from 'off's' whilst riding Italy's finest (red) bikes. Delivered to your door whilst you recover and your bike is re-built/new one ordered!
    I feel Dragons Den calling :D
    Obviously a hire rate discount for those with an ACU licence.

4. Perhaps, but a charity for Ducati riders that provides collapsible wheel chairs and buddy service to hospital.
    At £36 per week hire and £100 round trip (taxi) to hospital is a significant cost for those not working.
    Even parking at a London hospital is £40 a day for those that can get a lift with a friend.

#984 AirCon, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2015
  5. Get well soon :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Dear diary, I went to hospital today by Uber, cost just under £90 and 6 hours of my remaining life.

X-rays followed by no news that I wanted to hear.
    I was ready with questions, no getting away this time doctor.
    So it went something like this.

...progressing well..still clearly showing a full vertical crack..we use geological time here...not using the leg enough.....nonsense, nothing wrong with the knee....we'll take the 12 point bone penetrating wire and rod frame off in STAGES!

WTF in STAGES!

I'm hoping for full GA go to sleep and wake up frame off, extra pain killers for a week then back to work.
    He is going to remove three in the middle and one at the bottom....may be...next time.
    Please confirm (someone) that Dr. Mengele didn't have a Grand child practicing in the NHS.

This news threw my carefully prepared list of questions out the window.
    I dived in with a fumbled version of my nuclear option.
    Q. So doctor if your life depended on it and I needed to travel to space next week, how would we go about getting this thing off me?
    A. I wouldn't let you go, instead I would.

So I continue my upside down dark world of sleeping during the day and awake most of the night.
    I'll probably sleep 5am to 8am, then 2-3 hours mid afternoon followed by a 1 hour nap somewhere before midnight. My pain meds are now down to 15mg of Oxycodone per 24hours. Wow I can really feel the damage, including that of trying to get better.
    Yawn* and sniff reflexes have returned and I'm just waiting on the first cough and sneeze.
    Not sure how much lower I can go at this stage without making it impossible to try and rehabilitate.
    As soon as I can work out how to add pictures I will.

* For those of you that have cracked a rib think on this.
    6 ribs left, 2 ribs right, multiple breaks, not just cracks.
    15th August, shallow breaths then totally wonged out on top shelf pain killers.
    19th August epidural...breathing more normally.
    10 days later real problems, shallow breathing, cannot saturate unless on Oxygen.
    Lung in danger of collapsing just about to go to ICU then @Count visited (sorry i wasnt well).
    2 hours later llumber punch (between my broken ribs FFS).
    Transferred back to drama ward, sorry I meant trauma ward.

2 & 1\2 months later.......coming off the serious pain meds....medula functions returning...you take your first yawn. The noise can be heard in the next room over the TV and washing machine, not my screams as they haven't yet happened, as I'm still breathing in. And in. And in.
    Think ending scenes of Total recall.

No one ever warns you about that.

#986 AirCon, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2015
  7. Hang in there mate. I like to believe they know what they are doing. Think of the progress you have made, this post is even legible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. bummer, not much craic at the mo then.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I've got an ingrown toenail, is it as sore as that? :constructionworker:

Seriously though, sorry to hear your woes..can't imagine how bad it is, I'm a lightweight with pain, would have passed out at the 1st jag.

Chin up mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Those can be seriously painful, yet nothing to see.
    1\2 a bottle of vodka then STAMP on the offending toe with the other foot. Let it bleed for a bit, then clean it up and apply antiseptic cream. This is method is genuine tried and tested (many times advice).
    These were common for me as a young adult having broken both big toes and later, the right foot was crushed in a motorcycle accident at age 17.
    This lead to many attempts to remedy in the next 20 years, eventually a basic bit of surgery (1\2 day in) solved it.
    The surgery involved cutting a 3-4mm strip off the nail and bed either side, then killing the remaining tissue to prevent regrowth. The operation was no more painful than actually having an in grown tail nail.
    Ask for the OP early on, unless your issue was caused by incorrect cutting technique.

Good luck solving this one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You want to try having a baby!!!!

Hang on!! no I would rather a baby than a dislocated shoulder

Awwww Paul coughs and sneezes show your ribs can handle it I think the body has a good idea of that
    I remember having to cough with a cesarean the next day
    Jesus I thought my wound would erupt each sneeze I had to hold the would tight

Anyway I digress your doing really well you just have to give yourself time to heal
    Your doing fab and going to work at this moment won't help your body it may help your mind but you WILL get there
    Sending you mahoosive healing hugs

Xxxx

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. You clearly haven't read my constipation post..babies head ...no problem....out of something clearly not designed with that purpose in mind (well at least not my mind).
    Never Google "anal tear".....then select images....... OMG

14. Christ!!! Piles are bad enough
    Trying to birth a baby feels like it's coming out of your rear :Wideyed:

15. at last. a use for a woman's ear. in my experience the woman's ear don't seem to operate the way nature intended. :smileys:

16. You are being remarkably sanguine about all of this AirCon, I would make a copy of this thread and post it to the little shit on the moped that caused all this pain and suffering.

Keep up the good work :upyeah:

17. Good to see positive progress.

However, speaking from experience of having had a major off/breaks, your body will never be the same and you have to find solutions around movements/tasks that you used to do without thinking.

Are you not eligible to get patient transport through the hospital? I had this service, which often meant a round-robin drop offs with nice old ladies as fellow passengers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I had this done 4 times in my younger days. My right big toe was a nightmare for ingrowing toe nails due to playing a lot of football. Each time I had the operation, it came back.

I lived with it for years coming and going until I decided to have the nail removed last year for good. One of the best decisions I've made. (I'd post a pic, but it's not for the screamish :tearsofjoy:)

By the way, hang in there mate. I smashed myself up pretty badly about 15 years ago, not quite to your level, but enough for a month in hospital and a lot of broken bones. All I wanted to do was go home, every time the consultant won't sign me out was like a stab in the heart.

Get well soon.

• Love You Love You x 1
  19. Today being 31 October would be a good day for posting explicit photos of gory medicals, Xrays of smashed bones, and an alien creature bursting out of @AirCon 's chest. If not today, then when?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. OK, I'll give the starter for 10. I decided to come of my 916 in 2001 at a rate of knots. Broke my neck (slightly), hip, rh soulder, rh elbow. 4 weeks in hospital. because I had private health care, my health insurance paid for the x-rays, so I got to keep them.
    • 1st pic is my rh shoulder. Surgeon said it was like a digestive that had been hit with a hammer :fearscream:
    • 2nd pic is my elbow with a K wire in place. You can see my forearm broken clean in 2
    • 3rd pic is the shoulder with a couple of wires in it and a lot of staples !
    • 4th is the poor 916 :cry:
    I was told I'd get arthritis in my shoulder at some point and would need a replacement. 14 years later and I have no pain with it at all.

Shoulder 1.jpg

Elbow 1.jpg

Shoulder 2.jpg

wrecked 2.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information