1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Accident Mr. Air Con

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Admit it people how many of us went straight for the 916 image and had their eyes well up?
    I'll check the others later.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. I've got no x-ray images yet. But I will elect to buy them £20'ish at the end of my treatment.
    What I really want is a gif of the 3D image of my hand bones rotating on the screen....wicked.

3. Nothing a bit of Meccano won't fix.

The bones, not the 916.

4. Never seen a snapped swinger before,:Wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I was only eligible while I couldn't move on my own. As soon as I was on crutches (even if this was only a short distance) or wheel chair then I can use my own private transport, public transport or a special taxi at my own cost.

6. +++ Positives for today +++

I drove Emma's sportline* van 1.2 miles.
    Doing a 3 point U turn. 8 lefts, 5 rights, 4 sets of lights and a reverse park.
    I won't be able to drive long distances in town as I have to hover/cover my clutch leg to ensure I can hit the peddle 100% of the time.

I climbed up stairs and then down stairs. :thumbsup:
    I had a shower (first time in 11 weeks).:anchor:
    I replaced the batteries in the electric gate keyfobs after searching for the correct batteries and tool.:nutbolt:
    I remain on just 10mg of Oxycodone pain killer per 24Hrs.:japanesegoblin:
    Tonight I will sleep in my own bed upstairs, no calls :blacktelephone: at Casa AirCon tonight...:pushpin::eyes:
    She's a lucky girl :holdinghands::fearscream::ghost::alarmclock::8ball::checkeredflag:

*This has sports car suspension and brakes (not comfortable).
    I'm not looking forward to moving my R32 tomorrow.:raisedhands:

#1006 AirCon, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Wantz has his big toenails removed - the only benefit is he doesn't wear flip flops ...

Really tough times and I seriously admire your strength through this - hope you make a really good recovery and don't suffer further down the line :)

8. Do I win something? :blush:

I can see there is no concern for me, but lots for the bike. :grinning: So just to let you know she also had major surgery once I felt up to it, and made a full recovery. :handok:

Build Up 7.JPG

Build Up 1.JPG

Ducati 5.JPG

#1008 Robarano, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. If There was a snapped swinger :trophy: you would win,
    Forgot that, hope you have recovered ok and the bike looks much better, poor bike

#1009 Roadtrip, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ouch...
    What was the accident that caused all this mayhem and how did it occur??

11. I was at the height of foot and mouth in 2001. Out in the country there were strips of carpet in the road with disinfectant poured over them. I slowed for one, rode through it and accelerated away but at the next corner, I slid off.

The bike hit a wall, I hit the kerb and narrowly missed a sign post. I have no recollection of anything between riding through the strip of carpet and a paramedic talking to me from the ambulance, a gap of about 40 mins. It's never came back to me at all. My friends who were behind me had to fill in the gaps.

12. How are you holding up Rob
    Never mind the bloody bike :Doctor:

13. The only signs that it ever happend are two huge scars on my shoulder / bicep and elbow. If I stand with my arms to my side and move them backwards, my right arm doesn't go back very far at all, I have to twist my body slightly to reach my back pocket. But I have no pain at all and it could have been much worse. My surgeon said I landed on my elbow, which pushed my shouder upwards smashing the top of my humerous. If it had pulled it downwards, he told me I'd almost certainly have damaged the nerves and lost use of my arm. 8 of my 9 lives used in one day I think.

I was lucky with the bike. I was going to break it and swore I was never riding again (That lasted 4 months :grinning:) It hit the wall backwards, smashing the rear wheel and breaking the swing arm. the front of the bike was untouched, frame, forks etc. I stuck a swing arm in it not expecting a good result, but the bike was true and straight. I replaced everything it needed and kept it for another couple of years. I should never have sold it, it was a great bike.

#1013 Robarano, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    • Love You Love You x 1

14. Yes I have a friend whose arm was pulled in machinery took his thumb and pulled all nerves etc his shoulder is knackered and he is in constant pain and depressed too

Glad your ok apart from scars you can post a pic if you like with your bins ;)

I put my hands out to stop my fall hence fractured shoulder and dislocation which fractured collar bone

15. Reading this thread is enough to make anyone give up biking and take up something like chess.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Then you'd die of boredom.

17. I knew there was a reason why I like motorcycling.

18. Life is all about the journey...... Not the destination!
    We are all heading to the same place, it's just how we get there and what we do on the way.

PS.
    I'm off the Oxycodone hydrochloride now.
    Yesterday was 5mg today nothing.

Is it showing?

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information