1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Accident Mr. Air Con

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Hang in there Paul. You'll get through this. We're all thinking of you.
    Pete

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. damn just reading this
    jeez I thought you were doing ok
    hang in there

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. :ambulance: Mate, that's shit luck, just when things were looking up, you'll get through this too though, keep calm and be positive :upyeah:.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Blood test results say no infection.
    May be a clot or just extreme muscle or ligament pain.
    Doctor sent me home in a taxi (my cost) and said come back Monday for a scan if its still painful.
    At present on maximum strength pain killers... Doh.
    Leg 100% immobile and hurts like fuck.

5. about 92% of people who attend A+E up hear would of been seen too by now. :Angelic::smileys:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Bugger!
    Wtf?
    Just when you seemed to be well and truly leaving those woods behind you...
    Fingers crossed it's just a temporary blip.
    OR

• Thanks Thanks x 1

7. On bloody Nora Paul
    Fingers crossed it's just your muscles and ligaments trying to do their job

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Best Wishes, Paul. Hope it's just a necessary step on the way to your recovery.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Hope it all returns to back on track in a couple of days.
    That was one really bad accident you had there.
    You have my every sympathy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. What NHS b&b do you keep going back to AC? Know some doctors in that neighbourhood.

11. My consultant and surgeon only works on Fridays at St. Marys London Paddington.
    I've managed to secure a meeting/inspection with the registrar for tomorrow morning.
    My brother is being a real hero and coming down from Potters Bar to take me / lend me a wheel chair.
    Currently I'm unable to weight bear, in fact any weight on the leg is incredibly painful.
    When resting my pain may be a 1 or 2, then suddenly slip to an 8 for no reason.
    Note I'm back on silly amounts of top shelf pain killers to try and reduce the discomfort.
    Pretty sure that the fracture wasn't ready to have had the wires removed.
    Tomorrow will probably confirmed this and set a date for more surgery to put more wires back in.
    Watch this space.

12. :/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Tuesday 24th November.
    I've been awake all night due to extreme pain (broken Tibia).
    At 7:30 I going to take 10mg of Oxycodon then at 8:30 I'll take full daily dose of ibuprofen and paracetamol.
    This should allow me to take the front passenger seat for the 75 minute journey to St. Marys.
    I'm not sure how they are going to proceed after the xrays.
    Will they try to reinsert the wires and then tension, after all they have only been out for 48 hours?
    Will they remove it all (fixator) and then fit my leg in a cast?
    One thing I'm sure of I won't be leaving again with a broken leg (pain).
    Happy days:Doctor::(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. Stay strong Paul!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel where you are, Paul but those of us who have been somewhere near where you are right now can tell you - it does get better in time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Come on Paul you can do it hang on in there
    Just a little big blip it will get better
    Big hugs x

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. We're all rooting for you.
    Keep us posted...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Keep humming the 6 Million Dollar Man theme tune to yourself when in the NHS domain!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Did you actually mean that, poor Nora :smileys:

20. Check up today
    The conclusion is that the mid section wires on the external fixator were removed prematurely.

I've been told due to this that neither the remaining frame nor the leg can weight bear. Since I'd already walked back from hospital to the car this aggravated the muscles and ligaments such that they are now massively swollen.
    Since the external fixator fame is so loose the remaining 6 upper pin sites are just tearing at the flesh making them bleed profusely. These now appear to have been infected since Saturday night.

The whole lower leg is intensely painful and the knee joint is unstable. Xrays show that the tibia fracture actually remains stable, but fibrous (so it can move). A Doppler ultrasound test did not detect any blood clots, which was another suspected cause of the swelling and pain.

Last Friday morning I was drug free, pain free, could drive, 100% load bear and walk reasonable distances with the aid of one crutch. Since two the support wires were removed and one rod disconnected I've returned to top shelf pain and nerve blocking drugs at the same high level of 5 weeks ago and therefore cannot drive. I've now started a course of antibiotics to combat the pin site infection. I have to sleep downstairs and have to wash in a small kitchen bowl as our main bathrooms are up a flight of stairs.
    I'm unable to bear any weight on my leg, unable to walk and I'm in constant pain.
    The pain was so great on Saturday I was taken to hospital by ambulance.
    Movement around my home is now in a wheel chair.

All based on a decision by a consultant who considers himself so important he may only be contacted on a Friday.

Today I've taken the extreme action of crossing him off my Christmas card list.

#1080 AirCon, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information