1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Dropped Off...

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Ivor, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Same here

2. Should have said hello, did you do Sepang too?

3. I was always taught that a full tank is less volatile than partially full tank, as the fumes held in the empty space ignite easier than the fuel itself. Maybe the thinking has changed over the years? Maybe it’s a weight thing? Maybe they worry about fuel sloshing out the overflow while the bike is being moved if the tank is too full? Who know’s, I wish I hadn’t read this now as it’s going to bother me until the next distraction comes along

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I wouldn't worry about the fuel too much, apparently the freight ship is called titanic 2...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I thought Sepang would be a bit hot and sweaty.
    I did hear a whisper that PI may be on again in 2025….. I will be there if true :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Really? Yeah, makes sense. U.K. spec tyre warmers will be 220vac 50hz. How many of you are there? I’m seeing a spaghetti pile of cables o_O

And I’d imagine it’ll be a 3 phase generator so will require the load spread over the 3 phases. So say there’s 60 of you, 20 sets of warmers off each phase…

7. Sepang was fine, there were air conditioned rooms at the back of the garages, left leathers in there and laid down before going out and on return

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. That's what the bumff said... probably come to nowt....

9. Me too, hope they've got rid of the geese tho

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Off on an Estoril, Valencia and Aragon trip tomorrow.

IMG_5607.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  11. Not packing wets?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. You reckon?

IMG_5608.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. To put your mind at rest..
    You are correct - in fact, since the TWA800 crash off Long Island, commercial aircraft design requirements have changed so that new design aircraft must have a Nitrogen inerting system.
    This fills the void left by used fuel in the wings with Nitrogen to prevent ignition of fuel vapour.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 220v power has been sorted
    There is a petrol station on circuit
    They are shipping a handful of petrol canisters to get people up and running, but not many as transporting fresh air ain't cheap.
    My battery is still connected as I forgot.
    It has whatever fuel was in it when I finished Brno

@Ivor i land c6pm on the 17th, LHR to SFO with BA, am in San Francisco Fri and Sat night's, then heading to Montery Sunday after lunch I think with Bob Collins riding shotgun !

15. How do the fork seals cope with being strapped down like that?

16. Unless he has strapped it so tight he has taken all the travel out, they will be fine, mine goes all over Europe like that ..

• Like Like x 2
  17. Never had a problem

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's been to Philip island, sepang, other bikes all around Europe

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information