1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Stops / Cafeteria List

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Fanous, Jul 10, 2023.

1. If it hasn’t been mentioned already:

Gartons, The Old Old Town Hall, Market Square, Midhurst, GB GU29 9NJ.

Loads of parking, seats outside, just off A272.

#81 Paul55, Jul 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I don't really want to encourage anyone to come to Lincolnshire to enjoy our relatively empty roads, but Henry Cole gave it a plug last week so I suppose its too late!
    Willingham Woods Picnic Area just up the A631 from Market Rasen - I wouldn't even give the catering from the kiosk 1 star and I'm not fussy.
    Seven Districts Coffee Roasters on the A46 between Lincoln and Market Rasen - A bit posh for me but the Mrs likes it and the Cake is good.
    Claythorpe Watermill - as featured on The Henry Cole Show - Nice setting, gravel parking, not that posh and they sell Dennetts Ice Cream.
    To be honest I know most of the roads in the North of the County but I don't like Coffee and I only usually stop for Fuel, Ice Cream or a Hedge break, so my knowledge of Watering Holes is limited.
    Ice Cream
    Blyton Ice Cream on the A159 Gainsborough to Scunthorpe Road (not been there for a while even though its close to home)
    Applebys on the A1031 between Grimsby and Mablethorpe (a bit too much Ice in it last time I went).
    Davidsons in Peel - Isle of Man - Long way to go unless its TT time but probably my favourite.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lovely place, good food & great coffee (we buy our coffee beans from there)
    The only negative points are that it suffers from a MAMIL infestation as well as a car park full of Mummy SUVs, but good otherwise.

4. South East England - GU24 8HU

had a decent cup of tea and breakfast in here, and a chance to see a few planes taking off and landing.
    Current opening hours apparently:-

Monday to Friday 08.00-16.00
    Saturday 09.00-16.00
    Sunday 10.00-16.00

IMG_5997.jpeg

https://fairoaksairport.uk/

https://g.co/kgs/cf6sef
    Hangar Cafe
    01276 855446

#84 Chris, Jul 20, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Awesome, I take ice creams stops too ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've heard a rumor that Caffine+Machine are opening another venue later this year near Flitwick in Bedfordshire.
    Anyone else know anything about this?

• Like Like x 1
  7. yes, they are calling it the bowl

• Like Like x 1
  8. Obviously a geographical reference to Millbrook I wonder?

• Like Like x 1
  9. East Bilney Lakes, Norfolk. A hidden gem. Wood enclosed fishing lake with good grub; indoor outdoor seating. Good size gravel car park which is flat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Great thread BTW!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ye Olde Naked Fella in Settle, North Yorkshire: https://yeoldenakedmancafe.com

But most riders mill about on the other side of the road, where good chips are to be had.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Isn’t that Norfolk generally though, yes it’s raining here…..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. I’ve twice recently used the Codford tearooms just off the A36 between Warminster and Salisbury, only eaten cake with coffee, both excellent.

• Like Like x 2
  14. As a now multi-trillionaire; I had to drop the helicopter & butler off whilst visiting the former Quatford cafe. Decent full-english & brew - tenner

The Food Stop Cafe
    A442, Quatford, Bridgnorth WV15 6QJ

• Like Like x 1
  15. This one should already be on the list, thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. https://thepistonclub.co.uk/

Cracking venue near Stratford upon Avon. Only recently opened and unlike the other local venue does not charge to park up.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information