1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitubo, Maxton Or Nitron?

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by cav, Oct 25, 2022.

1. I run a Maxton gp10 to n my v4. can’t fault it, it’s a lovely bit of kit with great performance and ride.

I’ve ran many others on previous bikes, including ohlins, wp and ktech. The Maxton is up there with the best of them

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've had Maxton (cartridge and shock), Nitron (shock) and MCT (piston kit) all on the same bike.

MCT piston kit was definitely the best bang for £. It was a good step up from stock and was easy to set up. Now got a Maxton cartridge kit in the bike and the differences are less noticeable and it was harder to set up. I guess there is a law of diminishing returns that applies once you get aftermarket kit.

The shock was a different story. I had a mid level but older Nitron and it was way better than stock. I then put on a Maxton and it was a revelation. Rather than feeling a slight harshness in the Nitron, where you could imagine shim stacks working, the Maxton shock just disappeared and I just felt the tyre, it was so smooth. Loved it!

So, happy with Maxton front and back, but would also be happy with the MCT piston kit up front. New top level Nitrons may be good to but not tried them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Some really good info from you guys, thank you and confirms what I’ve found out elsewhere.
    The bikes booked in with Nitron for Feb, the next bike will be Maxton but the Nitron offer was too good to miss!

• Like Like x 2
  4. the best handling bike ive ever had was an old gsxr k2 that had a nitron r3 shock and ohlins piston kit in the forks. Not sure why but its just had so much feel , loved that set up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Id say from my point of view (and i dont change my bikes like my cacks) ive had the RSV4 for 10 years its had oem ohlins....then the rear TTX mk2 then the sachs fronts with NiX30's - so ive seen the gradual changes (but it or i have never been on the track) - so to a certain extent ive gotten used to the bike as its been in its gradual change (suspension wise) - i know you all might say "well, 10 fucking years is a long time to get used to it" but when it only gets used a dozen time a year (with the TT thrown in) 10 years isnt that much time. The NiX30 front end is my first foray into "posh suspension" for the front of any bike....ive never had quality suspension before...the NitronR3 for the rear of the zed being the other....matching a good front with a good rear was a game changer for me....im not some seasoned racer that can talk the talk with regards to what i feel...all i will say is that the more it was pushed the more.....of a magic carpet ride it became...bumps that i could see coming up in the road mid corner were absorbed like the bike just floated over it...at the same time i could feel (sounds weird) the texture of the road through the bars in a good way....coming back from Loomies a couple of years ago (heading towards the M3) theres a downhill section with a dog leg right that goes into trees on either side....i remember seeing my speedo at about 70ish - went through it came out the other side thinking "could have taken that 10 or 20 faster".....my next purchase is some cartridges for the Hyper (Bitubo 3way on the rear at the moment)...

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information