1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloody immobiliser ST4S

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Desmophil, Nov 15, 2012.

1. This is how I have bypassed the immo problem on 3 ST4S's now.

2. I can only say that my ST4s has not missed a bit since.

In addition to the few times the Immob completely stopped the bike from starting I had instances where it was hesitant.
    Or it would refuse to start and cutting ignition for few minutes, restarting and it would go.

Since the change none of that. It starts without any hesitation at all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris will tell you that you need to unplug the immob when the reflashing of hte ECU will be done.
    Otherwise the light will come up, it will work but the light will come up.
    It is a bit of a pain to get to the Immob, no 2 ways about it, you need to remove the dreaded fairing left side...

4. With the headlight fairing off it's to the left side of the headlight

5. It is a black box to the left side with 2 plugs going into it (side by side).
    It fits pretty much at the top of the left side fairing.

If you can post some pictures of the Dzus conversion I would be intrigued to see this.
    I love the bike to bits but I cannot stand the stupid fairing.

p

6. This picture should help with identifying the immo box

ST4S Immo.jpg

ST4S Immo.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Here's the bike that got me into Ducatis. Fresh from a trip to Mugello in 2004. A real wolf in sheep's clothing.

st4s.jpg

st4s.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Have you done the mod to the rear panels? All it takes is some threaded rod and some butterfly nuts to make them easier to take off. What about that pig of a screw joining the two halfs of the instrument surround, made of chocolate!!!

9. If Santa looked like that he'd never get round to everyone!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all!

10. I posted the ECU out on Christmas Eve by Royal Mail and at 11.25am today I got a SMS from Slimbar who, from the content, must have been experiencing one of those Eureka moments. Glad to have been of help.

• Like Like x 1
  11. From where can I source a dzus kit for the ST4S? Is it a bike-specific kit?
    Ducati John also Looks after my bike, he's a top bloke.

12. I now have this, Bike would splutter start for around a year now but has become increasingly worse and now will not start. Can it be done with Ducati Diag ?

13. Ducatidiag/JPDiag are just diagnostic software.

14. Cheers Chris, I also have Guzzi Diag and SCANM5 (i think) Any good. Failing that I see you took the Immoberlizer out for another guy is this something you could please help me with. I am fighting to keep the ST from parting out

15. I used the ST4S engine and loom on my project bike and I am using the standard 851 ignition and key. Chris has just removed the immobiliser from the ECU so that I can do away with the immob box and the coded key and antenna. Works a treat.... :upyeah:

16. Is this "lifesaving" service for an "Immobilizer Paralyzed" ST4S still available?

I am at my wits end with the ST4S Immobilizer not allowing the motorcycle to start

After starting ONCE late last week after the ECU and Immobilizer module were returned from their second trip Carmo in the Netherlands it started but was running poorly I thought a spark plug change might be useful. I did that today.

Only to discover that the Immobilizer will not let the ST4S start again. It now flashes the "Serial Connection Error" single flash no matter how often I try. Carmo says the ECU Immobilizer pair test OK. I have the Red Key

I checked the serial connection line from Pin 6 on the Immobilizer to Pin 7 on the Body Grey Connector on the ECU. It is fine with excellent connectivity.

This is the same strange behavior when I first received the tested and repaired ECU from Carmo (first iteration) which I first tried to use in May. Only good for one start.

If you possibly can, please help.

17. I can assist in disabling the immo on your ECU. Although it sounds like the ECU has a bit of history, in particular being repaired. I will PM you, reply to that.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information