1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

booked myself into donington and Brands !

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by kope999R, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Koen 104db, his mate 101db

2. This is what you call a garage!

20130626_095233.jpg

20130626_095233.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Guys, Got some time off this afternoon, I'll pop down on the 999 and say hello. lapman

4. That all looks a bit professional for me, I normally ride up and all I've got is a pressure gauge, cold drink and a sandwich. Bikes look top banana !!!. AC

5. Thanks I'll pop down in an hour and see if they will test mine. I'll pop in and say hello if you guy's don't mind. AC

6. If you see a bloke turning up on a lardy Zx7R, that will be me :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Popped down to check my pani for noise, tested at 107db with standard cans, the guys there had all passed with termi's and db killers. Koen's bike is awesome in the flesh, best looking pani I have seen. abmatt2002's 848 looks the dogs bollox in bayliss rep colors too. Anyway it was good to put some faces to names on the forum, hope everyone got home safely. AC

8. You're not the only one. A guy turned up for the evening session with slip-ons fitted with baffles on his 1199 and failed at 107 too.

personally I think if you'd been there in the morning you'd have passed.

9. I am fu@ked. 20 mins with Neil hodgson achieved what Steve parish couldn't in a day. Best £30 I've spent. I've now learnt to relax a bit and started to move round the bike properly, improved my corner speed and generally feel happier.:biggrin:

A very good day, helped by the company of course.:upyeah:

10. Very enjoyable afternoon at Brands, good to meet some more forum members and our Belgie friends Koen and Luca on their Pani's.
    Cheers, Keith.

11. So...how did the Pani cope with Paddock hill and clearways??

Matt...what did Hodgy do that was so good?

12. Yep, a brilliant day! Nice to meet a few new forum people too, and to echo what has been said, to see two awesome 1199's and Matts 848 Bayliss in the garage was great!

I took loads of pictures, but here's a couple. Sorry for the quality, they're from my phone.

20130626_160036_3.jpg

20130626_114133_3.jpg

20130626_130819.jpg

20130626_114133_3.jpg

20130626_160036_3.jpg

20130626_130819.jpg

#72 nuttynick, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
  13. Koen- I'm guessing that you guys must have applied a little shall we say strategic rev lowering when tester (noise Nazi) wasn't looking ? as I can't see how your bikes could pass with termi's , when my bog standard tractor failed. Any how spoke to ducati uk and they are looking into it as thought the static noise issue had been sorted with the tracks. spoke to msv as well and they said they knew that the pani could test slightly loud, but if it didn't trip the drive by meters it should be fine,. Anyway all you guy's were looking good out there, and the garage looked way to organised and professional ! I normally just rock up kick the tyres and I'm set. AC :upyeah:

14. Where did the tester have the mic? Easy to get false readings from the ground, as they normally have two people; 1 watching your revs, 1 with the mic

15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Good to meet you guys down there today. Matt, thats for the fairing lower, first part of many for my little rebuild. For those who I didnt get to say hi too, i'll make it up next time :smile:

17. didn't actually see as I was too busy trying to keep revs steady ( a little under 5000). AC

18. ^^ I would say its more likely to do with the time of day, any atmospheric changes and increased background noise as the track was in use.

bradders- he spoke to me, not down to me and did a bit of explanation, demonstration, imitation, practice. Not 'this is what you need to do' then walk away. Parish is a tool.

• Like Like x 2
  19. guys, my first quick drop in! A want to thank all you guys for dropping in at Donington and Brands and especially Matt and Nick for taking such good care of us at Brands. Matt who was waiting with space in the box and Nick who helped out when that second hand and knowledgable crewstuff was needed .. Also big thanks from Luc ( Luka on the 69) and loads of appriciation from him.. Let me tell you now that the tracks , organisers, photographers and the weather ware a blast , but that the reception from you guys we got made it all so much better and friendlier.. I''ll be back with loads of pics and some good vids ( 1 chasing Hodg around Doninigton) soon.. As i didn't get all your names right or forumnames, I 'd really like to have teh names ( forum or real) from everyone we met. Luka reitterates his invtiation to drop by wheneven en route for Spa or being in the hood.. his english should improve rapidly. He also told me to translate whenever anyone has a high spec tech question. which i will be glad to do.. Again warm thanks from the both of us... :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. The pleasure was all ours! It really was a great day, and thank Luka for his very kind invitation! I'm looking forward to seeing some decent photos :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information