1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Branding and the Ducati "lifestyle"?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Jul 31, 2012.

1. FuJack, I ride an early Multi, it fits me, as i'm over 6ft, is relatively light, at 200kg, economical at speed, at 50mpg, i like the way it delivers power, turns & stops, it's got a bit of 'character'' whatever that is, i can't be doing with screeming multi cylinders anymore with no midrange, has all the luggage capacity, should i need it, and being silver, rather than red, blends into the background rather well, the clutch rattle gets annoying sometimes though!

2. I just tonight bought my first Ducati Tee on evilbay :upyeah:

Living the dream.

JC

3. Can't stop buying airwaves and xerox t shirts off eBay have the odd jacket too oh and two corse brollys and a cappuccino cup!

4. Wasn't knocking tattoos, as I agree they're totally personal, just saying couldn't see myself having a Ducati Corse badge, no matter how much I love the marque

• Like Like x 1
  5. Harley-Davidson sell a huge amount of branded stuff, not just clothing, luggage, and aftershave but golf clubs and pick-up trucks too. This contributes such a lot of their profit that at times it has helped fend off bankruptcy. Americans don't worry about products being naff, since all Yank vehicles are naff anyway.

If Ducati want a piece of the same, and if it helps keep them in business making bikes, I say more power to their elbow. That doesn't mean I would buy any of this stuff apart from a few Tee shirts. Well, maybe a nice handbag.

6. I've got some Ducati Oakleys which I really like, but I think they're quite subtle and most people wouldn't see the branding. Haven't got anything else. My bike came with some Dainese Ducati leathers which fitted me quite well but I felt like a complete twat in them! I don't necessarily think other folk are twats for wearing them, but its definitely not for me!!!

7. As with all brands, there's some good merchandise out there and some cheesy/rubbish stuff. At the end of the day it's each to his/her own

8. Wish I could help there, if I win the lottery then maybe I could help out! Your first customer would be my missus, she had passed her CBT and was doing a DAS course but her work screwed up her hours so she didn't have a full day off to complete the course! Now her hours have changed back, she's got to retake the CBT as it has expired :-( more expense, and her monster is sitting in the shed waiting to be ridden.

9. I have quite a bit of the Ducati merchandise, just returned from America and got plenty of it for bargain prices, I won't quote prices on here as it would bring tears to some folks eyes compared to the prices we pay in the UK.

Things like t-shirts. Zip up jackets. Shoes, Oakleys, spent a small fortune on the stuff. Oops.

10. 1098R,but cant afford any t shirts

11. I adore my WDW2000 t shirt and wear it frequently. Amazing quality. I also have a couple of other Ducati Corse t shirts that I like (thanks Pete!). But it stops there.

For me Ducati is about the bike and riding. It's not a lifestyle thing when I'm not riding. I do also have some Ducati aftershave, but it was given to me by the Ducati Creative Director when I visited them as a present. Sadly I don't use aftershave so it languishes in a drawer in the bathroom.

Now I think about it, I also have a hardly worn yellow and black 749 polo shirt that I will cheerfully give to someone who'd like it. It's not really me and I only had a 749 for one season anyway. It seemed like a good idea at the time. And then didn't.

I do like the Dainese brand for clothing - but it doesn't shout "oh what a cool bike I've got". All that Hardly Ableson crap is total knobsville.

12. [I adore my WDW2000 t shirt and wear it frequently. Amazing quality.]

That is strange, i too have a WDW2000 t shirt i wear to death, and it is the best quality t shirt i own!!

I hvae a couple of branded bits but on the whole, all my t shirts are race event ones rather than ducati, but i am not against owning or wearing branded clothing, it is a personal choice

13. Well I like wearing Ducati stuff because let's face it, it's never going to become the next 'Chav' brand ;)

Id luv the 749 T if it's going begging please ?

Thanks
    G

14. Do you think Burberry thought that? :tongue:

15. It would only take one rapper to wear some Ducati branded stuff in a vid and that would be the end.

You wouldn't be able to move in your inner city for kids festooned in Ducati gear hanging around in bus shelters.

16. Now that is really disturbing! We don't want jerk's like him giving us a bad name!!!!!

17. To give him his due, he is wearing Supra Skytops so he must be cool :upyeah:

18. Didn't that nasty, loathesome Kerry Katona and her equally repugnant other half be into the Ducati scene?

19. Only if it has carbon panels, a R after the 749 and has been signed by Lanzi :biggrin:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information