1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Branding and the Ducati "lifestyle"?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Jul 31, 2012.

1. It's the bike for me but they do seem to be going for the "lifestyle product". Think Harley and that's how Ducati seem to be heading. Not into the Ducati Cafe concept or for that matter Ducati concept stores (too sterile). It's about the bike and the merchandising goes about as far as a T-Shirt and whatever freebies I can get from the dealer.

#61 flyer47, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. Actually, I bet if you opened a Ducati merchandise store on Oxford Street it would do really brisk business.

If Victorinox, the Swiss Army Knife company can reinvent itself as an apparel brand, Ducati would have no problem.

Let's just hope the marketing people aren't reading this.

3. I don't mind the branding thing so much.....as long as it has something linking it with the marque.

The hats....yeah keep the sun out of your eyes at the track (European rounds)
    The coats....keep you warm at the track....
    The Umbrella....keeps you dry at the track.....(essential for BSB)
    The t shirts and jumpers, they too have a purpose they show your support for your chosen team at the track.

But Ducati coffee machines for your kitchen, aw come on!

Keep it real and relative!

Ducati branded breakdown cover anyone? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anth - stop it - you're putting me off it :frown:

5. Ducati branded breakdown cover should as standard was invaluable in my first weeks of ownership
    Nothing like your ducati on the back of a breakdown truck groan

;-)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Im all about the bikes and not that bothered for fluff and merch... Though my tea comes from my Ducati Corse mug and I slug it in my Ducati bathrobe... Such a whore am I.

7. You'll be fine....you'll love it as soon as you find some nice sweeping bends :upyeah:

8. Gwan gwan gwan.......you know you would :wink:

9. my sweet new Oakley Ducati Inmate sunglasses just arrived :)
    where do I order the sun from ??

10. Was it not I the box with them?

Send them back!

11. No, no I wouldn't! Now if it were Kylie! Hmmmm

12. I too have a ew bits and pieces, though I do collect large numbers of old badges, parches etc.

One thing I can't understand is who at Ducati gives Puma the licencing rights, nearly everything they make is just horrible.

13. I never got the Kylie thing at all......then I went to see her at the M.E.N.........and oh yes.....yes you would!

• Like Like x 2
  14. There's bubble wrap tho ! That's almost as good :)

15. Kylie and a Ducati ? What more could a man want ????

16. Danni sat on your face too :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  17. PMSL.......I've just nearly choked and sprayed the kitchen with coffee!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  18. I aim to please :biggrin: :upyeah:

19. He has a Ferrari ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information