1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Brands Noise Testing

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Liverandbacon, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Agree with all points above. Sevenoaks council are the issue here plus possibly a slightly spineless MSV not representing our interests forcefully enough. As I said earlier in my first post Pipewerx have my silencer and are trying to craft a larger and more effective baffle and there are a few other ways to reduce the noise levels of our machines for the static test. The drive by test is never an issue for us. If I get some positive results I will share them on here. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. And illegal on the road. DOH !

• Like Like x 1
  3. There isnt one :) often Moto2 bikes turn up...now they are loud!

4. Sounds good!! my other half is gagging to move home and that was exactly what she said... "you've spent all this money on a moto and it's too loud for a circuit? that's so english....."

5. Andy,
    I'm doing Brands on 4th May on my 1098R - I will let you know if it passes with a 70mm system. I have baffles (Termi ones and dinky Italian Performance-1 ones). It better pass.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. All Gypo's there anyway, so they should be deaf from the un silenced sound of Paddy's Motorbikes.

7. I emailed MSV about this today, and have subsequently cancelled my trackday in June at Cadwell because they said if I have anything other than silver standard exhausts and I fail static I won't be allowed out full stop.

The trackday organiser has spoken to Ducati who are looking into it but it doesn't sound good for trackdays on our bikes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Put the standard exhausts back on?

• Like Like x 1
  9. It just gets expensive! Need to get it mapped back to stock, then afterwards change it back, plus obviously the bolts on the exhaust join have rotted out because they are infront of the rear wheel.

I probably would otherwise but I'm moving house and spending £350 plus travel costs and tyres on 2 days on track isn't an option.

However... Let it be known that if u don't have stock exhausts u are unlikely to get on track at an MSV owned track! U heard it now from multiple sources

10. For £350 you could get this for track days Random Picture Thread
    Whose got a lovely chopper?
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/index.php?posts/744545/

11. I'm at Cadwell tomorrow with Akra full system on my 1199; baffles fitted. 105dB day so will report how I get on. It's a No Limits event and others have managed to get on with non standard exhausts so fingers crossed

12. Yes please do, No limits were spitting feathers today and I sent my email from MSV too them so hopefully that will promote sensible discussion amongst them

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hopefully it's ok then... Reading this thread did make me worry, but as I say I know of others who have made it on track on modified Panigales

14. I am booked with no limits soon too. I bet they are mad about this. They lose the custom.

15. I tested with termis and baffles at either 104 or 105db at Brands a while back but I am sure the Indy circuit was 105db back then. I'm pretty sure its listed as 102db now and 101db for the GP circuit....

16. You are correct. Difference is now we used to be shown leniency on the static test because we'd never trigger the drive by,with standard cans or termis and now we don't.

17. Maybe we need to vote with our feet. Chop in the 1199 and go back to a Jap bike :( It's a real shame though as this is the 1st Ducati i have owned and its bred for the track, and i cant even use it on the track. Worst part is i spent out (3 weeks ago) £5600.00 on Exhaust, Ohlins, etc and i can't even use it! Not happy as if i sell the bike i will make a loss :(

18. We went to Snetterton on Saturday, there was 2 899 with Termis an 1199S with a full Termi system and a 1299S with Akra cans they all must have passed the noise test, but to be honest i,m not sure
    what the level was, all i know it was pissing down/hail/sleet and 5 deg at the best in the morning much warmer beside the fire at home!

19. Well I've passed here at Cadwell with full Akra system with baffles installed. Blew 107.8db to begin with so was told to warm it up a little more. Then returned and tested at 105.8db which they said was good enough for them [emoji106]

• Like Like x 3
  20. On my last track day at brands a guy with a standard s1000rr set off the ride by noise sensors and had to be re tested and those beamers aren't really loud at all compared to some!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information