1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Brands Noise Testing

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Liverandbacon, Apr 18, 2016.

1. I know that one of the drive by sensors is on the marshals post at pit entrance at the exit of clearways.

2. One on the right hand side on the run down from paddock.

3. Hey buddy - which model Aprilia was it and di you notice the pipe/baffle?

Cheers

4. My 10 and 1198's both passed easily at Cadwell with full 70mm systems and I always had the baffles available if I needed them. Snetterton failed until I rode a full session and retest and passed with baffles fitted. Similar at Brands but you always need to warm the bikes up first before testing. 1199 Pani with race system failed at Brands but was allowed on but this was back when they were new and the rules have tightened since then. 899 standard cans no problem at Cadders, Donny and Silverstone. Not been to Brands but would expect to pass based upon ride by concession. I guess no chance at castle doom as I only scraped through with 1098 some years back. Was going to try llandow but when I spoke to them they couldn't guarantee I would pass and no refund so I didn't go.

5. This ties up with most of what I have experienced or heard lately. Donny, Cadwell and Silverstone are all ok for Pani as they do 105dB, the problem tracks look to be Snetterton, Brands Hatch (GP in particular) and Oulton all of which have reduced noise limits of 102dB it seems which there's not much chance of getting a Pani through even with baffles (someone confirm me here as I've not been able to measure mine).

6. So, what is the situation if you fail the noise test and are not allowed out on track.....do you get a refund ?

7. No.

8. I thought it was no refunds. I've had a mate fail on a gsxr 750 with yoshi pipe and he didn't get a refund.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information