1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. most of the job's advertised are from removal company's. :Hilarious:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. We will just have to wait and see how the future pans out.

I personally still cannot see one positive to come out of Brexit and in very unstable world, to suddenly make it more difficult to trade with 50% of our export market seems like madness to me. Plus the language coming from what appears to be an ever more right wing Tory government, makes this a place destined for the type of unrest seen in the USA currently.

3. Jesus Christ. So we are about to see the mass shooting of police on UK streets because of Brexit?

You remind me of "Aldridge Prior, The Hopeless Liar" from VIZ.

013_viz209_prior(1).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. when i see ignored content im reminded of a lot of things too son. :smileys:
    anyhoo. away for a bit. a week's a long time in politics. been some interesting developments. what will i return to?
    a Scottish pound?.:Hilarious: get reading folks.(and i dont mean the daily mail or telegraph)
    :upyeah:
    later fellow members of the EU. :Hilarious::smileys:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1

5. The media have got to you
    Doomy gloomy

Just take a look at what you have right now because a lot of people in this world don't have half of what you have

Thank your lucky stars you don't live in Syria and you certainly wouldn't want to be in France right now

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. The media have not got to me, i don't read their lies. I just don't see the logic in what we are doing.

I don't like all the nationalistic bullshit. Its made to divide and conquer you and just perpetuates what is currently happening in Syria, Ukraine, France, USA, Turkey.

We are all citizens of the world and without each other we are on a road to nowhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Therefore do you believe that anyone from anywhere in the world should be able to come to the UK and be immediately entitled to full access to our benefits, health and education systems ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. The EU is not, you have mentioned this before! How hard is it to get through to you. If we were all citizens of the world and you believed this you would be anti EU. Brexit is being more towards your views, admittedly not fully, where your pension would be shared out to the 3rd world, so get on board :upyeah:

9. And vice versa? :)

Other non xenophobic views are also available ;)

10. funny - the EU sounds like an all-embracing, encompassing utopia to some. For others, it's an attempt to create a throwback to a Stalinist, communist model, where the population does what it's told 'for the common good'.

I am still amazed that we voted out. Trying to leave any established structure is always difficult - many subscribe to the 'better the devil you know' philosophy.

For me, if we were going to remain, we had to really take a lead in the governance of Europe, but it was difficult to see that happening after David Cameron's attempt to renegotiate failed so spectacularly. Europe effectively said 'if you don't like us, leave'. So we did.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. I personally have no ambition to take advantage of the benefits, health and education systems of Somalia or Chad.

If anyone wants to make the entire world a level playing field then good luck to that.

Note @duke63 was referring to us being "all citizens of the world" and not just the EU, yet even in the EU there is a wide discrepancy between the provision and financing of services. If you think your UK taxes should pay for the benefits, health and education of the people of Bulgaria and Romania then that is an argument you can make on a political platform and put it to the test at the next general election ;)

12. or

• Like Like x 2
  13. The mindset and group think of those running the EU are at odds with a significant percentage of the population of the EU. The sensible people decided that it was unreformable and voted to leave, thank goodness.

14. yeah, I think that old adage that we're 10 years behind the US can be applied to the EU - but we're 10 years ahead. Looking at some of the employment practices in France... incredible

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The social costs for small businesses employing people in France are huge, to the extent that there is little to no incentive to start a small business in France. This only benefits the mega corporations.

16. His posts have taken a flower power "We are all citizens of the world" narrative as he got a pat on the back earlier in the thread for similar sentiment on a post (From @johnv. iirc) Now he's trying it over and over again as he obviously liked it. :Meh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Well said Gay Dave. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I think I even prefer being called Gay! Close call, but Gay is still ahead :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information