1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nothing to do with Brexit. They are just trying to get away from you. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Just for you,(apologies for the delay).
    Pound to the US dollar:[​IMG]

#2124 Lightning_650, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  3. Euro to the Pound:
    January 1, 2002

The Euro is the new 'single currency' of the European Monetary Union, adopted onJanuary 1, 1999 by 11 Member States. Greece became the 12th Member state to adopt the Euro on January 1, 2001. On January 1, 2002, these 12 countries officially introduced the Euro banknotes and coins as legal tender.
    Euro Currency | OANDA
    [​IMG]

#2125 Lightning_650, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  4. And all that moaning :Wideyed:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Awww ET So mean
    ;) you could always come live by me

6. We wont know the full effect on the UK economy until a) someone invokes Article 50 and b) we know what trade deal we have with the EU.

It seems that even the current cabinet have big concerns on the effect it will have as they prepare to abandon many of their own policies.
    Chancellor may 'reset' economic policy in Autumn Statement - BBC News

And the stories from Easyjet yesterday just underline how very difficult its going to be. Lost revenue for them means lost revenue for the UK government in taxes.

At what point does a government run out of people to borrow from to balance their books?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Fpmsl yeah lost Rev for easy jet means lost tax revenue...they buy fuel in dollars so they don't pay the UK tax, don't pay much Corp tax, pay their people below avg wage (and don't employ that many given their revenue) will pass on ALL the cost to the consumer anyway....oh and their share price went UP after they announced that yesterday

Straws...clutching...at

• Like Like x 1
  8. Actually the reset thing, in context, is what lefties have been calling for!!! A change to current tax and spend policies and removal of the 2020 pledge.

#whodbeapolotician

9. Not quite in the right order,but we've been put in our place
    [​IMG]

10. Except pre-referendum, everyone was saying the effect would be unmitigated disaster for the UK if it voted to leave the EU. Now all of a sudden we don't know. Right now, most indicators are showing a positive trend since the vote.

As usual, if the current data doesn't back up your position, just say we'll all be doomed in the future without any evidence.

11. I read that this morning. Another economist's prediction of doom and gloom. Remind me of what they were predicting pre referendum?

It's amazing in that article, how many times the words "suggests", "could", "might" appear :)

The same PMI organization reported a figure of 46 in June, pre referendum. They now report a level of 47.7 in July. So a better outlook post Brexit vote then. Selective reporting me thinks. :Hilarious:

UK construction battered in June by Brexit fears - Markit| Reuters

12. It's the same kind of language from both sides though, so don't get sucked into that.

No one knows what will happen. If they did they'd win the EuroMillions every week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I'm not getting sucked into anything. You've confirmed exactly what I said about these economists in your 2nd sentence, so your point is?

14. Its not a prediction of anything. Its a fact.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. :Hilarious: :Hilarious: :Hilarious: :Hilarious: You are my favourite poster of all time on here, no contest. :Hilarious: :Hilarious: :Hilarious: :Hilarious:

16. I love winding people up.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. That can be the only explanation. It's a fact.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information