1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. My point is that you have consistently tried to debunk all the articles from the Remain camp whilst promoting all the propaganda from the Leave camp.

I think that illustrates exactly where you've been sucked in.

2. The reality will set in eventually when we have no trading agreement with the EU so are forced into using the most basic of import and export rules with everything in and out having to pass through customs slowing the movement of goods and the costs of that having to be paid by the consumer.

So many people have been sucked in to voting out without ANY understanding of how that will effect the ability of the UK to import and export goods and the effect that will have on their own personal income and expenditure and their own ability to move freely throughout the world as they please.

There is also the real danger that the UK will run out of liquid cash as previous UK governments have used the inflow of money and investment into the UK and London especially to offset the massive balance of trade deficit we have.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Been feeling sorry for myself the last couple of days - bit ill - so I've just been reading the positive, happy posts on here to make myself feel better :grin:

Anyway, yesterday, I was chatting with a buddy, born in Belgium and married to a Danish lady. They have a child and have had to explain to him why people in the local park are telling them to go home. My buddy is convinced that they'll be kicked out of the country once we invoke A50. I was shocked that this could happen in this country in the 21st century. Not impressed at all

4. Really?? What nonsense. I agree that the arguments on both sides were very poor and probably lead directly to the result we have, but can't you see how we might benefit from being on the outside of this trading block, accessing the markets, but not driven by the politics? Hong Kong, Switzerland, anyone?

5. You were shocked that there are racists, bigots and xenophobes living in the UK?

Where do live?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Freely throughout the world; I thought we're leaving the EU?
    All the goods entering the UK from outside the UK are all currently passing slowly through customs?
    Project fear perpetuated?
    See Madame Lagarde is to face trial.

7. Wha-a-a-ah? You mean we cannot trust the IMF?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nice bit of London. Nicer than my buddy anyway.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Ah, so the Remain campaign produce articles, the Leave camp produce propoganda.

Interesting choice of words.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

10. Do you honestly believe that our economic decisions will not be driven by politics in or out of the EU. That is very naive.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. He constantly gets mixed up with what he is saying, trading with the EU with duty will be a net benefit to the UK, not the other way around, so in reality this should be our first option!
    And free trade agreement with the rest of the world will only help new trading relationships to grow.
    I'll say again, Turkey has free trade agreements to allow Ford to import Transits into Europe, with no free movement of people.
    Any EU leaders saying no to free trade with the U.K. Are not fit to be running thier respective countries! :)

#2151 Exige, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Somewhere near Richmond park is my guess ;)

13. Plus corporation tax has gone down
    Win win for the easy one

14. Imo there will still be trading agreements between the EU and UK whatever happens

The banks will just print more money

There's s solution to everything

15. I can't see that I ever said that our decisions weren't going to be driven by national politics. Of course they would be!

16. Bradley, is that you??

17. You will get used to him :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Only one Bradders, hopefully :Bag::D

• Like Like x 1
  19. And there's a new tax on dividends around the corner to more than make up for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information