1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. My wife is Irish, if it goes tits up were moving over there!

(the Guinness is better too!)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Southern Irish? if so they will be coming out too ;)

3. That's easily explained. Youngsters don't know shit from shine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. still believing the same 2 year old rubbish,,,, reminder, from the time of the indy ref oil was 10 - 12 % of gdp,, i know it has gone down a little but hey,, hello,, we are still here !!

5. you can forget your england / uk ... thats on the slider as well mate..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Talking to a few people who voted out this morning. They have no understanding of what they have voted for other than 'stopping foreigners claiming our benefits'.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Be gentle with them ;)

8. Do I look bothered? :)

9. bosey.

10. You're talking to the wrong people. Speaking for myself, I didn't vote for a specific policy at all. I voted to repatriate governance to this country and place it in the hands of British people through their elected Parliament. What policies we get as a result of that will depend on which government we choose to elect. Unlike many on the other side of this debate I am prepared to accept magnanimously the democratic will of the people of this country, even if I disagree with it, as long as we retain the right to challenge it regularly with free elections.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Swedes are calling for "Swexit". Sounds like fun. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. The vile disgusting americunt money hedging markets were always going to cause a stir with the fluctuations of the pound. Good riddance to cameron & lets hope the new PM doesn't go too the bilderberg meetings. In which like in usa_naziland with its bohemian grove meetings. These elitist rich scumbags collude with corporations to dirrect the world towards WW3! The european bilderberg meetings are secret conspiracies against the people of nations without us ever finding out what the fuckers are planning/agreeing too!

I'm glad we will be distancing ourselves from the corporate tyranny that is the EU. And just like the evil TTIP agreement. I bet the EU now makes it more difficult for nations to usurp themselves out of its grip. The TTIP want to make it 'irriversible'...and you possibley still think usa_naziland is a good place??

For me I need to order some stuff from reichelt.de before they get fruity with the postage charges or some such quickly made up new terms of business. Other than that the EU will shoot itself in the foot by inflicting difficulties on holiday makers from the UK.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

13. who's going to vote for the next leader of the tories and therefore the next PM?

150,000 divvy's who pay to be a member of their party or the rest of us?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. If Boris is installed as Conservative leader and therefore Prime Minister he can and should call a general election to gain a mandate from the electorate, in, as someone else incisively put it, exactly the same way that Gordon Brown didn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maybe we'll let some other countries use sterling....

16. We need to change UK law such that if a PM resigns we have to have a general election. Nothing democratic at all about any Party being able to change its leader ( and the leader of the country) without a GE.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. We elect a party based not only on its leader but its manifesto ;)

18. No monetary union without political union... When will they learn :Banghead: :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Even the manifesto has changed now though. In a way that no one could possibly have envisaged.

A true democrat would have the balls to ask the Country what they want now as the manifesto and leader they voted in is no longer in charge.

20. Actually we don't elect parties at all. We elect our constituency representatives. Perhaps we should have Proportional representation..:Smuggrin:

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information