1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. you were talking about Syria, then just opened the subject up to any place. Syria is one country with it's own problems. Iraq and Afghanistan are very different places and have specific issues.

And don't forget that we were taken into conflicts in those countries by the labour party on very dubious grounds.

2. with cross party support.
    whats the point of a privy council? and more importantly why is rooth the mooth so privileged to be a party to it?

3. Britain has done more than its fair share of bombing, raping and pillaging of innocent countries and people over the centuries. We are far from blameless in this terrorist war.

4. Couldn't agree more. Other than supporting the arms industry and jobs that go with it there is nothing to be gained by power. What right do we have to tell others how to behave?

Btw Is Europe sticking it's nose into Greece? Or Ukraine? Or UK? Or is that ok?

5. we don't, but we do have an obligation to help countries when there are real problems. Genocide springs to mind.

And if you're going to try to stop genocide, would you look at an oppressive regime like the Taliban and think that was ok. OK to be a nation state that encourages the export of terrorism? Maybe you'd try to stop that, or maybe you'd just look at the bombing of your civilians in their major cities and think that is a cost worth bearing for the moral high ground?

Deploying troops or taking any sort of action must be a very difficult decision for a government. I wouldn't want to be put in that position

6. GL, you are getting taken in by the bullshit successive US and UK governments have spouted to defend their actions. We don't do anything about Assad even though he kills his own people, we don't do anything about Israel even though they kill innocent Palestinians and vice versa in that case. We have not done anything about what is happening in Turkey. Do nothing to stop the genocide of innocents in various African states. It's all selective when the incentive suits us. I suspect even Trump is going to treat some of his own citizens like shit if he gets to be President. Power corrupts and it's time it stopped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. No, don't think I can't see where we could help things. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but I have some sympathy for the Palestinians.

And completely agree with the concerns re Turkey

8. Erm...are we still talking Eurovision?

9. Yes but we used the Scottish to do it for us :)

10. tbh and like you have said in the past, it was the only way you could increase your chances of a win.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. seeing as you invited me back in exe i was gonna go on an anti BBC rant then i heard this at 8.22am or 2hrs22min interesting take from charli hebdo
    BBC Radio Scotland - Good Morning Scotland, 03/08/2016
    i might go on a bbc rant yet. simple fact is, most of us don't know jack about the EU

12. lol best (and truest) one yet

People who blamed everything on EU before referendum now angry if anything blamed on Brexit

People who hold the EU responsible for everything that’s gone wrong in their lives have voiced their anger at the merest suggestion that the vote for Brexit is having a negative effect on the UK.

With Theresa May adamant that Brexit means Brexit and Boris Johnson insisting that arse means elbow, Leave supporters have been quick to pour scorn on anyone expressing concerns about what the future holds.

“Bremaniac traitor scum should stop talking our country down,” said committed patriot Simon Williams.

“We should hang them all from lampposts and feed their internal organs to the pigeons.”

The UK’s youth have expressed particular concerns that their future has been decided by the older generation.

“It’s like being given an inheritance I can only spend in BHS,” one concerned student told us.

Angry Brexiteers have dismissed these concerns and insisted that the future of Great Britain should “Stop moaning, you lazy know-nothing cunts!”

Reports of a massive increase in race hate crimes, since the UK voted to leave, have also been rubbished and anyone fearful of the future told to “Shut up, you bad loser vermin bastards!”.

“It’s ridiculous to say that all Leave voters are racist,” insisted Mr Williams.

“You might have a case for saying all racists voted Leave, but that’s not the point.

“Twats that voted Remain should respect democracy and keep their mouths shut!”

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Aww,you poor little poppet...still not got over the majority of people having a different opinion to you?
    And still sucking up everything you read in a desperate effort to prove that you were right all along?
    Don't worry,mummy will be along with a cup of warm milk for you in a minute,and then daddy will read you a bedtime story...
    :sleepy::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

#2353 Lightning_650, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. how to prove a point in one short and utterly nonsensical post :clapping:

15. The competency of the British government to negotiate high-value complex commercial agreements on important matters at speed and under media pressure against unsentimental counter-parties can be summed up in three letters : PFI. The deals are disasters waiting to happen.

Brexit and the challenges of reality | David Allen Green

16. you pay for the FT online? :Wideyed:

17. He lives in Jockland. He gets an EU grant to cover the cost ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. as elt pointed out. i come from the land of the prudent.
    so i shamelessly nicked it from someone else. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Finm...is this what the 'scotchit' lot are like north of the border: unable still to accept the fact more voted to stay (in this case leave) than leave (remain)? Or do we have something to look forward to when the dribbling stops as they cant actually get any more out while their head is 18" under sand?

Just wondering how much longer we have to put up with all this negativity doom gloom rubbish on ebery social media medium

20. The basic fact is that the capitalist model currently being used by the west is bankrupt. It has nothing to do with the EU and everything to do with greed of a small proportion of the populace. When banks are suggesting they will soon be charging companies for keeping their money for them then you know the system is on the brink of collapse.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information