1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. to coin a phrase
    phrase of coin

1. said when introducing a new expression or a variation on a familiar one, or ironically to show one's awareness that one is using a hackneyed expression.
      "she was, to coin a phrase, swept off her feet"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Thanks for that :upyeah: English is only my 4th language so I make the odd mistake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. It's time someone had a backbone and stood up to them, just say, as there's no movement on the EU side there is no point coming over for discussions, we will continue with our preparations for no deal, give us a ring if anything changes and you want to come over here for a chat.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. To be fair he was not referring to the voters

Not was he referring to the result.

He was referring to the shambles that sits before us, and again to be fair, he is correct.

There should have been much more thought, consideration and planning given to the process. Not being a snowflake, I find it easy to agree with this.

It’s a shambles. I would feel much more confident if the Tory party could agree on the colour of shite. That wouldn’t be a starting point. They can’t even do that!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. You are in good company. That’s the way most people use that phrase. No surprise you picked it up the way you did. You will have a lot of fun correcting all the Native English speaking people who use it incorrectly

• Disagree Disagree x 1

6. Christ, I know your language better than you. It’s only changed meaning because it has been continually misused. Not a great advert for the education system

Coin a phrase
    What's the meaning of the phrase 'Coin a phrase'?
    To create a new phrase.

What's the origin of the phrase 'Coin a phrase'?
    'To coin a phrase' is now rarely used with its original 'invent a new phrase' meaning but is almost always used ironically to introduce a banal or clichéd sentiment. This usage began in the mid 20th century; for example, in Francis Brett Young's novel Mr. Lucton's Freedom, 1940:

"It takes all sorts to make a world, to coin a phrase."

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Imagine, before going into battle, the army was as disorganised and unaware of its opponents as this government is?

• WTF WTF x 1
  8. On the plus side, maybe there is a chance that Tusk, losing the plot today, is a sign they are going to cave?

You never know.

• Like Like x 1
  9. In trying to improve my English I always see if I can spot grammatical errors. I see a few in the above post.

Line 1 - No full stop after the word 'voters' .
    Line 2 - Should this be a separate line ? Should really be added to Line 1 according to my textbook.
    Line 3 - Spelling error - 'Shit' not 'shite'
    Line 3 - Shouldn't the sentence start 'I am not being ...' rather than 'Not being a ....'
    Line 4 - Shouldn't 'That wouldn't be a starting point' say 'That would be my starting point' ? I'm unsure.
    Line 4 - Space needed between 'that' and the exclamation mark.

I cannot see any other errors. I have an exam next week, I practicing my skills on you so I can pass with an A !

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Post moved to the Lithium Battery thread.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Crap Crap x 1
  11. as opposed to your view through the eyes of your colon as your head is firmly up your own arse?

Colonial? we are moving away from anything resembling an empire, europhillia is the new empire, they are not reaching out for kisses and hugs

I shall contact my mp and ask him to look at your posts. I believe we will get 100% agreement on what shite looks like :D

12. He would have known the mike was still on and seem to care not with the whisper comment. They either know the end result or have given in expecting wto free trade, either way, they seem to care not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Just for curiosity, I wonder how many MPs from the 27 have read the 500+ page withdrawal agreement that Tusk and his merry band have signed them up to or are they content to be told what is right for them.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. upload_2019-2-6_19-12-28.png

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. It was an incredible, premeditated outburst from Tusk today. I am really struggling to understand what he was trying to achieve?

May going back to further investigate what possibilities are still available over the backstop, is the correct thing to do. If, she receives another humiliation, the EU will, together with Tusk's comment, perhaps push a few more MP's towards accepting a WTO Brexit. If I was a Remainer, I'd be pretty disappointed with the way things are going!

I think the EU's true colours are on display.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. It was deliberate and coordinated for sure :thinkingface: but fook knows what the reasoning was behind it :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. The thing about the backstop is, given the U.K. has said no hard border will be placed on the N.I./U.K. side , The backstop is not to protect the republic from the U.K. but in reality, the backstop is needed to protect the republic from the e.u. forcing them to install a hard border on their side and so, breaking the GFA

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I think he's just realised that for the very first time in the EU's history, a referendum result that has gone against the EU will not be run again or just ignored. A whole new experience for the EU cabal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Is it possible that the EU is so certain of their May-creature that they feel they can get away with literally anything ... so they are just doing outrageous stuff for S&Gs?

#24080 Loz, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information