1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. which ultimitly feeds down to much of the pish you see on here and out there.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Following of from Tusks very fair comments about the lack of any sketch of a plan from those who led the Leave campaign, I noticed a few people don’t agree with that analysis.

Let’s look at the facts, these are the words of those who were the heads of the Leave campaign

3. Wings?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. James and his silly waffle - you listen to him and believe he is right - what a gob shite. Who is he telling what was voted for??? Quite simply Cameron's disaster speech was what was on offer if we left: or we could remain and be fine, that's what was ringing in peoples ears that day - and we voted leave - get over it FFS :yum

5. Got as far as about 7 minutes in.

Can’t say I disagree with anything she said which was based on fact. The same stuff I have been saying and you always disagree with.

Bulldog spirit isn’t going butter any parsnips though, not in the real world. We need a plan.

Proper planning prevents piss poor performance

Is she really comparing Australia’s trade with the EU with ours. Does Australia sell the EU fresh fish? Do they buy their fruit and veg?

6. Forget O’Brien

Listen to the leaders of the Leave campaign

See my previous comment about the only campaign to describe a no deal Brexit as the likely campaign was the Remain campaign. The Leave campaign didn’t offer that at any time. @AirCon still managed to disagree with that view. You and I are in agreement there.

For the umpteenth time. I am over it. We are going out on WTO on 29/3. Quite looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Have you seen the shit you just posted of your mate James :eek:

8. Listen to what - how many clips of anyone can you pull out on all sides - just get a grip man - he was saying we voted for those 4 plans - he's a cock end. Most of what was said would be possible if we were united and had a leader with some balls :blush:

9. My, you really are blinkered, so just to try and help:

1) We are members of the WTO - The UK is already a full member of the WTO, and negotiations are ongoing for us to become independent members of the WTO Agreement on Government Procurement, on the basis of its current commitments as a member of the EU.

2) The WTO is a trade organisation and not a grand unified state project to restrict freedoms and protect those within the club. By contrast, the WTO seeks to:
    • Oversee the implementation, administration and operation of the covered agreements
    • Provides a forum for negotiations and for settling disputes
    You look to ridicule and :laughing: at Leavers points and try to challenge, albeit TBH rather unsuccessfully. Maybe you know who your MEP is and think they actually represent you, and have some influence on the way the EU operates?

You could also take time to follow the great success story of the EU in suppressing and decimating the economies of some countries and completely eroding true democracy. BBC2's cuurent EU documentary is a good starting point.

There are a few Remainers on here who at least put up some coherent arguments. I can't say you add anything to this debate. Suggest you go and play on the Guardian site where you'll find similar, shallow minded fellows to play with and there won't be any of the thick old racists to distract your thought process.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. You are sooooo not - it will be fab if we do :):upyeah:

11. Yep this guy (Owner of WingsoverScotland) loves Scotland so much he lives in Somerset..... :joy::laughing::sob::joy::laughing::sob::joy::laughing::sob::joy::laughing::sob::joy::laughing::sob::joy::laughing::sob::joy::laughing::sob:
    [​IMG]
    He's a feisty little bugger with an impressively list of friends including..... Alex Salmond.
    I wonder how quickly that will disappear as the trial starts. Remind me what legal action was started against him (pic) last?

12. Honestly you need to read your own posts, we are currently in the wto and have been a member as the U.K. jan 95 and it's predecessor GATT since 48. Your post confuses yourself is where the issue is

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. We are in the WTO through our membership of the EU.

14. My darker side is looking forward to the carnage, provided it doesn’t affect my medication which is made in Denmark. If it does, I won’t be happy.

#24355 749er, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  15. remind me who lost the "list".

16. erm nope. All members have to be listed as the independent country that they are and whilst they joined as the eu on the same day, they are still listed individually.
    Next you will telling me that Uganda, United States and Uruguay are in the eu too as they joined on the same day

17. For those who thought Mr Tusk's comments about those who were in charge of the leave campaign were justified, I thought he said some quite interesting things about the remain campaign as well.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/...ference-wasnt-about-brexiteers-going-to-hell/

A snippet ....

upload_2019-2-8_14-56-41.png

Always good to take a balanced view. In all fairness to Donald, he's not wrong. He just didn't need to use the 'H' word. Very undiplomatic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Name the trade deals negotiated by the U.K. on its own since 1995?

Name the trade deals negotiated by the EU on the UKs behalf since 1995.

What are the chances of a country of 60 million people getting the same WTO terms as a block of 500 million people?

Chop chop

#24360 749er, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information