1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I'd be surprised fin if the eu they voted to join 60 years ago is the same as what it is today

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. If you like the kind of freedom you get from jumping from a building in the dark and you don’t know how tall it is and how long it will be before you hit the ground...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Not left yet or hadn’t you noticed

4. A bit like getting married, moving houses or buying a ducati you mean?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sounds great. :) :upyeah:

Far better than being the kind of person that is afraid of going out of the building, but instead sits with mommy inside, just on the off chance it falls over once in a while and grazes its knee. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. or riding a motorcycle knowing you might get cold, might fall off or worry about the nasty people in cars

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. A genuine news channel in Islington, apparently. :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I am giving you the fact that immigration has had no significant effect on wages for everyone and none for those of us in this forum, all of whom I take to be educated, skilled etc

9. Joiner in the construction industry here, ten years without an increase and one reduction in wages.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. My wages went up significantly thanks to immigration.

Probably offset the general reduction in wages due to immigration.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. So, for the 3rd time, you confirm that immigration has had an effect on wages. Thanks again, but you don't need to keep saying it, I get it. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Brexit returns the control of immigration to the UK Government. It can then be high or low, in accordance with policy decisions made by the Government that we elect.

It will be non-discriminatory; EU or from rest of the World. This is fairer than the present situation.

Immigration policy can be receptive to skilled and unskilled labour to suit the UK NHS/business/agricultural needs. We can legislate the terms and benefits available to new immigrants.

We can also have a proper and compassionate asylum policy that enable genuine people in need of a safe country to flee to but not be tied up with economic migrants and the years of appeals with no chance of deportation.

The EU has proven to be a disaster in it's stance and mixed up decision making on immigration. This has led to more extreme parties being elected throughout the EU. They are sowing the seeds for big civil problems ahead.

With the exploding population growth in Africa, combined with climate change. There are going to be massive problems in coming years. I am very glad we are an island. I really hope that this doesn't drop me into being categorised as a racist but I want to protect my way of life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. I have been monitoring the property market for over a year and house prices are falling. Just go into Zoopla and do a search where we live in west London, then sort by most reduced. There are properties with 30% reduction.

Out in Hampshire, where I am also looking the same houses are still for sale from over a year ago.

So the rest of the U.K. may be holding up, but it’s not going well in London and it’s a matter of time until the rest of the country follows suit.

As much as you may think so, I don’t think we are doomed and I don’t believe elements of project fear either. I think our governments inability to be effective will be the cause of the chaos which will ensue for a few weeks after Brexit but it will get sorted in the end.

As always, I listen to the experts. One of whom was a customs official who calmly said that customs don’t stop and search every truck now and they won’t in the future if there is not a deal. Their search policy is intelligence led.

Similarly, I also believe the warnings of the people who put fresh fruit and veg in our shops. There was one on the radio. And he was saying at this time of year there will be some stuff we won’t be able to get so easily and that fruit and veg will become more expensive.

Abso-Bloody-lutely. I am peeing on your lamp post, but only because you have been peeing in mine for weeks and not responding.

I have no problem with Brexit. I will be fine- possibly medication aside. If the economy goes badly and the NHS decides that it is so broke that it can no longer afford my drug, there truely will be a place in hell for those politicians who campaigned for Brexit without a sketch of a plan and left us in this no deal scenario.

As mentioned above, I have a problem with the continual lies from leading politicians who are leading people up the garden path with promises of cheaper food from Africa for example. The EU has a policy of zero rating imports from the 50 poorest countries in the world, provided it’s not weapons.

Even if May got the Ireland situation resolved her deal is still a rubbish deal. Better with no deal.

• Agree Agree x 1

14. This. A positive reason for Brexit! Absolutely nothing wrong with the above. This is not blaming foreigners for our problems, which is a poor argument often given. That is facism.

How are we going to do that with an open border in Ireland though?

15. And the UN Migrant Compact takes control of immigration away again from the UK Government.

Which was why May and her EU handlers were more than happy to return control to the UK in the WA.

Which is nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nice road. :)

17. I just sold my house in Scotland for the full home report value and above the asking price. So I do know the situation is varied.

0.9% increase over 12 months isn’t great though. A long way from 1% per month when I first bought a flat in London in 1999.

London is definitely overpriced at the moment. In the road I currently live in no one has sold a flat in over a year. They all want 2016 money, and no one is paying.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information