1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Appears so, not without a civil war, I'll get the Scottish on our side (I know Finm well) :blush::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. The BBC series inside europe, ten years of turmoil, (BBC2 tonight 9pm) covers the migrant crisis and Merkels decision to allow a million and a half into the middle of the shengen agreement so once in, they could move around europe without a need to be checked.

Will be interesting to see how those involved saw things and the decisions they made

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks for the reminder. Dispatches on C4 @ 8 will be interesting as well. It’s about HS2

4. Romanian anti-government,Spanish anti-immigration/government/yadayada.Or so the descriptions said.
    Same as here I suppose.
    I wonder if they are all racist Little Englanders with xenophobic tendencies who have stolen their kids futures?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. So the Eastern Europeans were told: you get a lot of money from Italy, French and German tax payers (the fat knacker never mentioned the UK) and so this is not a place for rights rights rights - fekking hell, what wankers :eek: dictatorship or what :eyes:

6. Another thing learnt from tonight's program - there was an open border between Macedonia and Greece :thinkingface: and the threat to Turkey was to close it to migrants. Mmmmmm :thinkingface: How can that be :bucktooth: can anyone answer that in response to the current situation in Ireland???

7. https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/w...sas/schengen/reintroduction-border-control_en
    The Schengen Borders Code provides Member States with the capability of temporarily reintroducing border control at the internal borders in the event that a serious threat to public policy or internal security has been established.

Most (But not all) of the border restrictions are outside the Schengen Area.

#24690 Darkness, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
  8. A few things stood out.

Despite being enshrined in the eu constitution, the eu can ignore "we all agree or nothing happens", when it suits itself despite promoting eu unity

It showed just how much the German government has influence over the eu whilst the smaller countries are basically told what they have to do. Germany created the problem then insisted everyone else had an obligation to sort out Germany's stupidity and arrogance because they would not listen when people said do not do that.

For Merkel and Rutte to agree a deal with Turkey and then insist the whole eu commission and the other 26 must agree with it, outside of legal proceedures of how the eu works, again shows "cherry picking" when it suits them

They never showed or mentioned the money given to Turkey to create their own wall to protect the eu
    http://www.iamawake.co/the-eu-funded-wall-that-nobody-wants-to-talk-about-turkey-syria/

How out of all of those claimed refugee's, only 30 went to luxembourg because they never were looking for safety, they were looking at which country they preferred. I did chuckle when the Syrian chap said he had caught out an African pretending to be from Syria

How quick the eu were preferred to ignore the human rights issues of Turkey to protect it's own bacon and lastly

The biggest cause of the rise of the far right on almost every single occasion, has always been the liberal elite thinking the everyday people, will tolerate what ever is shoved at them and they won't say no that's not right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. But this isn't a Schengen border, it's an EU perimeter border to a non EU country. that was open - so why is the Ireland border an issue with NI?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fair play to the BBC, that was a very interesting series. Very revealing.

11. Interesting article (if these things interest you) in a online economists financial site called Marketwatch.

It had yesterday an article with George Soros in it. Two things stood out for me but there are a few more of interest

Europe is sleepwalking into oblivion, and the people of Europe need to wake up before it is too late. If they don’t, the European Union will go the way of the Soviet Union in 1991.

and

In the United Kingdom, too, an antiquated party structure prevents the popular will from finding proper expression

On the first, breaking up such a huge monolith is not always a bad thing and on the second, the popular will gave the majority democratic vote, just because the same system that saw us join the eu so you liked it but when it took us out you disliked the same system, then that's your selective nonsense Georgie me old fruit.

Anyway for your perusal https://www.marketwatch.com/story/e...re-but-its-not-too-late-to-wake-up-2019-02-11

12. yip, stagering init. the EU. PR system where the smallest of partys have a voice and a chance to form alliances to make things happen.
    the UK a FPTP system where a parliment can have full controile with only 30odd % with more unelected members than pretty much anywhere on the plannet.
    yip. perception init. who is setting the tone?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. And yet only two countries, Holland and Germany, made the deal with Turkey against eu standing orders and procedures, and then forced the eu comission and other 26 to agree the deal they had no legal right to make. Yeah fin, cracking example of how pr works :D

14. two countries didnt do it.i suspect a coalition of partys did it.

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. was that an exaple of the minute amout of policies that went against uk gov's position?

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. Fin you had Merkel on camera saying it happened, The dutch Prime minister on camera saying it happened, Tusk on camera saying it happened and on camera the Turkish too. I don't know how blind you often go to keep your narrative alive but when you have all the parties involved and on camera saying they did it, all I can say to you is, Good Morning Stevie Wonder

17. countries dont make desicions., they may make proposals via a comissioner from a member nations elected gov, but partys vote on policy.

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information