1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. All this thread shows is how little so many people understand of how business and indeed Government and the financial markets work.

When i first took out a mortgage the amount to borrow was based on 3 x one salary and 1.5 times a second salary.
    Then it became 3 x both salaries.
    Then 5 x
    Then self certify.
    Then interest only mortgages.
    10 years ago you could not borrow into retirement age.
    Now you can pretty much borrow until the day you die.

Anyone see a pattern here? Debt, debt and more debt. Until the day you die if you wish.

Its not sustainable. Its based on a 'worry about today and forget tomorrow' culture. No wonder we have so many booms and busts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. wrong again AirCon. we cant even have a debate up here without you lot thinking its somthing to do with you. :rolleyes:
    the issues up here (all countries have issues) ultimitlay lie with us. most know this. our national Bard knew this.

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. The really scary one was the madness around 're-mortgaging' your existing debt based on an inflated property value and extracting cash to spend on cars/holidays/hookers etc ... it was very fashionable about 15 years ago. I worked on projects surrounded by colleagues who were burying themselves in debt. Mad. It's all been hidden behind a decade of ultra-low interest rates and QE.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. I agree with this having read most of your posts

Yes, people can decide their own future and it has been going on long before brexit and will continue long after brexit, so as with so many of your comments in this thread, it has very little to do with brexit itself no matter how hard you have tried to link them.

5. Might be ok if they have a good pension? Cheap way to borrow money

6. Trust me Aircon, some of the people around me almost certainly had artificially inflated values for re-mortgaging purposes. It was 'Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac 'esque' ! That time bomb is still ticking and will be for some time yet. The next one is equity release !

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Apparently, the banks are headed for another disaster based on property. This time retail property now that the high street is falling to bits.

Throw in inflated prices for homes which need correction (nothing to do with Brexit) and the mess which is Deutsche Bank and this one could be worse than 2008

8. max kieser has been predicting it for long enough.

9. Meanwhile on here...................

upload_2019-2-14_11-31-25.png

Pretty unequivocal then. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1

10. And seems to be the mood in the rest of the U.K. in terms of the form Brexit should take.

I am beginning to wonder if May is out to stitch up everyone and force her deal through one way or another. Effectively, blackmailing the Leave camp with continued extensions. If she did that, it would be a bigger betrayal to democracy than having a second referendum. Better to do that with the choices being Remain or No Deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. no, probably not, i would of said, looking at the result and the promises made just 21 months earlier i would of been happy with the compromise solution offered in dec 2016 by the Scot Gov but descibed as unworkble. yet was used as the template for the irish backstop. it would of solved many many problems including the irish boarder issue.
    but hayho.

12. The current debate in the House of Commons is interesting.

13. Someone has to keep the wheels of industry turning.
    Nice to see. :)
    Steve

14. Keir Starmer, what a toss pot, will do anything to delay or stop Brexit.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Didn’t May say she was going to bring the Country together? Not working out to well is it.

Can’t even unite her own Party. Might even be damaging it forever. The Tory party is only the 4th biggest in terms of membership and a majority of them are getting close to leaving this Mortal Coil.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Isn't it voters that count, not members.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Labour has one of the biggest memberships of any party I believe in europe? and yet they haven't been in power for 9 years. Members don't mean shit if the voters don't turn up

#24799 noobie, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  18. Labour amendment defeated.
    Now they are off to the division lobbies for the SNP & Lib Dem Ammendment to defer BREXIT.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information